guppie01

Could you do it...

well, I know this is going to sound weird to a lot of people but I refuse to buy heating oil for political reasons, I know thats not rational but it makes me feel better. Anyway, I try to make biodiesel when I can and ride my bicycle. My solar panel froze last fall cuz I was over confident that I did not have to drain it before a light frost:( so sometimes in the winter when wood runs low I go without a hot shower and have to bundle up. In the summer I try to go swimming instead of running the water. A lot of the locals think I am nuts- but when the power goes out they freak. This year I am stocking up on firewood! It is a really good idea I think to live in scarcity once in a while or at least go camping- then if a disaster hits life isn't so bad right?:)

Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

Not no but HELL NO! I work for a living, so I don't have to live like that. He's just a lazy fuck who gave up on life, but doesn't have the will to end it all. So now he lives on the backs of us who pay taxes. That dude is a piece of work. Let him pay for his own internet to keep his blog updated. Since he is giving nothing in return to the community he needs to live completely free from anything the community provides with my tax dollars.

>:(

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

I grew up very poor and had none of the "modern comforts" we enjoy here in US ... I definitely could live with a lot less than I have right now. (I don't wear those 100 pairs of shoes anyway :P ) ...

O

oooh - What about the thongs - you should give those up too.

ORRRR -

Just wear the thongs and the shoes - only.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Let him pay for his own internet to keep his blog updated. Since he is giving nothing in return to the community he needs to live completely free from anything the community provides with my tax dollars.

Interesting... that never even phased me.... but I can understand both your and thatdude's perspective on it.

I do feel that for the most part society is greedy, and relies too heavily on the modern conveniences of life. I too work hard for the "nice" things... It would be nice to see a happy medium, get back to the basics so to speak (there was a thread just recently about planting your own garden).

I went without a TV for 2 years, and didn't even miss it... When I lived in Okinawa we'd have water rations where we'd have to live off of a trash can of water for a week (for showering, flushing, cooking, washing dishes, etc.) - we managed. It's amazing how wasteful we can be.

hmmmmmm makes me want to give up something for a year, and see if I miss it - if not it's gone for good.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Just wear the thongs and the shoes - only.:)

What a great solution! You're so clever, Turtle.

:)

That WOULD make a LOT of people happy.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

For my senior project I survived alone in the Appalachian mountains for 4 days...alone...in the winter.
All i had were the clothes i was wearing, a multi tool a mini mag, flint, and a knife.
Ive got alot of outdoor expierence so i thought this would not be too dificult.B|
I was wrong.:(
How he can do it for three years is insane.
I think he lost his mind after the first week cause i was starting to talk to myself after 36hrs!!!:S

Anyway it is wrong of him to burn our tax money.
If he wants to be off the grid then he failed in that respect.

Hope he has fun going insane:D:D:D

Briles

Why not?
My direction in life is up...then down again REALLY REALLY FAST!!!
Never take life too seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
D.S. #55