Bibliophile

Am I the only skydiver who doesn't drink ?

I am surprised that my fiance hasn't responded to this. He doesn't drink either.

I only just noticed this thread...:$ but what she said is true... I really don't drink much... (I had a glass of wine with dinner on the 4th but that is unusual...)

So when I pay my beer fines it's either in Root beer floats or homemade baked goods... ;)
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I'm so glad you started this thread because I often feel like I'm the only skydiver who doesn't drink. At least it seems that way.

I'll ONLY buy alcohol for my rigger if they have saved my life. And that is, if they REQUEST alcohol.

I don't see why I should buy beer if I'm not going to drink it. I waste enough money on skydiving as it is!
http://3ringnecklace.com/

They are definitely working, although they taste like shit and are a bitch to keep lit! :S

I don't remember you being a smoker.

After we got the three kids...it's was either that or heroin! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I've already got dibs on the DD. :D

Yeah, you probably need a DD more than anybody else. :P;)

Ahem, um, what I mean was, um, that you deserve a chauffeur before someone else does. Um.

Um, yeah, that is what I meant. :)
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who
can do nothing for him."

- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I'm a Russian skydiver who doesn't drink..much. It's almost a double paradox. :P

When there are opportunities to drink, I am usually driving. So, the desire not to leave my car anywhere + the desire not to rely on anyone else to get me home + the fact that I drink 1 or 2 drinks at most on any given outing keeps me pretty sober. ;)

A Russian that doesn't drink vodka? Straight up?

You are an embarrassment to all Eastern Europeans :P ...

O

Hello, everybody.

So I finally graduated AFF yesterday. Of course, I get told about having to buy everybody beer (which I already knew).

The only problem is: I don't drink, and for similar reasons, I don't buy alcohol. So I did the next best thing: I bought some cases of soda.

But it made me wonder: Am I the only one here who doesn't drink?

Or I am condemned to stick out like a sore thumb among skydivers, because I don't partake in the beer tradition?

Anybody?

You can buy fuel for the plane ... a load full will be appreciated by Hans !
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

I accidently posted on my wifes account DOH!

I quit using a year before I starting jumping. I have never had any issues. I buy Green Bottles for 00 jumps and O'Douls for the other non drinkers. I bought whatever my rigger asked for on my 3 reserve rides. I have bought root beer floats and gatorade for other offensives/milestones.

Beer rules are Beer rules and not paying is not acceptable when you have the option of bringing a case of SOMETHING.

Oh and congrats on graduating! Just remeber as long as you don't do anything ELSE stupid you will be fine :D

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

They are definitely working, although they taste like shit and are a bitch to keep lit! :S

I don't remember you being a smoker.

After we got the three kids...it's was either that or heroin! ;)

You believed the guy at the Flea Market when he said they're easier than takin' care of cats, didn't you?:|

:P:ph34r:
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

I'd say buy cases of bottled water or gatorade. It's better to stay hydrated at the dropzone, in lieu of drinking pop.

That's actually a good idea. I'll probably do something like that when I get my A-License.

I can see it now: "Why's that pansy giving out Gatorade?" :P

I doubt anyone will consider you a pansy because you don't buy beer. You earned the 'fine', regardless of what you contribute.

Water or anything hydrating is appreciated. So are Otter Pops!!! :)
Buy it, set it on the table, let them know you're paying your dues and have some good conversation.

I don't think anyone will think I am a pansy either. In defense of my DZ, everyone has been nothing but friendly and cordial to me. Great group of people.

OMG, I should stock up the DZ fridge on Otter Pops but I had enough of those things as a kid to last me a lifetime. I get sick just thinking about those things.
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who
can do nothing for him."

- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Hello, everybody.

So I finally graduated AFF yesterday. Of course, I get told about having to buy everybody beer (which I already knew).

The only problem is: I don't drink, and for similar reasons, I don't buy alcohol. So I did the next best thing: I bought some cases of soda.

But it made me wonder: Am I the only one here who doesn't drink?

Or I am condemned to stick out like a sore thumb among skydivers, because I don't partake in the beer tradition?

Anybody?

I have heard of one other . . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I don't drink, clean and sober for 14 years and counting.
I don't buy beer.

I do however provide unique refreshments.

For instance, the day of my first jump after breaking my leg, it was rather warm and folks were sweating on the packing mats
I came back from the store with cups/spoons, several gallons of ice cream and several liters of Coca Cola & Root Beer.

I know every jumper there that day remembers me;)

EDIT: Reading thru the thread, I see rootbeer floats are popularB|

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

One of my reserve rides I had I asked the local DZO what was the rigger's drink as I always buy them a bottle.

He said that he doesn't drink but likes Millstone coffee.

So hit the grocery store and bought an assortment. :)

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

You believed the guy at the Flea Market when he said they're easier than takin' care of cats, didn't you?:|

:P:ph34r:

You bought cats at a Flea Market??????

Hah!
Hah!
Hah!

No.:|
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.