OlympiaStoica

Homicidal feelings for your mother (or mother-in-law)!!!

Am I the only one who loves her mother, but wants to strangle her at least 3 times a day?

She has been visiting me for the past 3 months … and boy, has she overstayed her welcome. There is nagging me about being single, nagging me about spending too much time on my computer, forcing me to eat all that greasy food that she spent all that time making (she’s a master at guilt trips) … and the list can go on. Oh, I forgot that time when she barged in my bedroom, catching me having sex with my boyfriend. Ugh, I’m too old for that shit.

Two more weeks and she’s on her way … I’m having a hard time hiding my enthusiasm.

O

I work at my parent's house, so I can really relate! It was fine with just my Dad there, but then my Mom got laid-off about 4 months ago so she's there all the time. She is the Queen of passive-agressive remarks. I am in the process of retraining her. When I was younger, I would put up with her comments, now I don't give a damn and I'll cut her off as soon as she starts in on me. It feels great. :ph34r:

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I love my mom, I love my mom in law ( she gave me a great wife and got me a ride in her friend's P-51 MustangB|), but 3+ months is toooooo long without establishing roommate type boundaries. Even then, they may not be the best roommates. :S Sorry, but the boyfriend thing is too funny.:D:D Did she back out real fast or stay around and chat?:P

Hey, and tell her not to bug you about time on the computer. Tell her you're talking with your real friends.:)

Dude story of my effing life.

I love my mom, but she drives me nuts. I haven't brought a guy home in years and she gives me the whole "its okay if you are lesbian" talk. Then tries to set me up with fat old rich men when we go out to family gatherings. Once is a great while, I'll bring a guy friend over and he asks me if I'm having sex with them. WTF? I don't live at home, I can fuck who ever I want. But a few years ago when I did live at home I was at a business trip. (I was paying her rent) She went through my personal belongings, I had in a suitcase zippered shut under my bed and found my dildo and THREW IT OUT! I wanted to strangle her. Dildos are expensive especially this one.

I've been taking a break from talking to her- she thinks I'm in Atlanta. I'm still pissed at her denying the MTV show.>:(

I know. I know.

Best Girl Scout Ever.

Sorry, but the boyfriend thing is too funny.:D:D Did she back out real fast or stay around and chat?:P

I hope I'll find it funny some day too, but right now it just makes my skin crawl :S ... My cell phone rang and she just walked into my bedroom to bring it to me. My yelling "nu veni aici" (translation - "don't come in here") made no difference.

She walked in, got startled, screamed ... than walked out really fast. To this day she claims she didn't see anything. Yeah right >:( ...

O

About this time last year, my mom & dad came by for a visit, and BOY was I frustrated...

Around January I told her there were some pretty cheap deals from Canada to the UK & they should come visit in the summer. Well, I heard *nothing* about it for months.. Then, in mid-June she announces "we've just booked our flights!! We'll be coming in 2 weeks and staying until August - isn't that great?!!"

I nearly had a heart-attack.. I didn't have the heart to tell her that I was moving out of the house and my BF and I were splitting up, and no one was going to be there when they arrived because he worked 2 hours away and I would be on a business trip.. All I said was "that's great.. wish you had asked me first because a lot of time has passed since January.."

Nightmare. Bad, BAD timing..
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Am I the only one who loves her mother, but wants to strangle her at least 3 times a day?

She has been visiting me for the past 3 months … and boy, has she overstayed her welcome. There is nagging me about being single, nagging me about spending too much time on my computer, forcing me to eat all that greasy food that she spent all that time making (she’s a master at guilt trips) … and the list can go on. Oh, I forgot that time when she barged in my bedroom, catching me having sex with my boyfriend. Ugh, I’m too old for that shit.

Two more weeks and she’s on her way … I’m having a hard time hiding my enthusiasm.

O

I can help you with the single thing but the rest are up to you. sorry.

Love my parents. Can not imagine having them around me constantly. Even when I visited for holidays and had to stay overnight, I was uncomfortable at their house. In my house, it would be impossible. Kudos for even trying.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Love my parents. Can not imagine having them around me constantly. Even when I visited for holidays and had to stay overnight, I was uncomfortable at their house. In my house, it would be impossible. Kudos for even trying.

I know ... I bought her the ticket, so it's really my fault ... 3.5months with mom is 3 months too many. Take in consideration that I haven't seen her in 15 years, and you have a recipe for disaster. She won't stop about how I've changed - duh!!! A lot has happened in 15 years ...

O

And you haven't tried to take her to the DZ & pawn her off on the DZ gigolo for a few hours at least? [:/]:P

Anyway... I can sympathize. Good luck lasting these last few days/weeks.

Skymama, you're lucky. My mom is 75 & well past retraining.

My favorite is when she asks for an opinion about something (ie. what landscaping to put where) then does what she wanted, the way she wanted in the first place. :S

When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

Well, I come from a large family buisness and after some time it drove me to hate my parents, so broke away and started my own buisness. If i am lucky i see them just once a month, and that is enough for me..My brother and sister, who are still in the family buisness, nag me all the time to come family functions and trips and I just tell them no....My parents were the type to hold stuff over you and use it to manipulate you...But when I left I told them they would never have a strong hold on me again...I love my parents so don't get me wrong I just REALLY dislike them as people..

I have a 4 year old and a two year old. My goal is to live long enough to be as much of a pain to my kids as they have been to me. Payback.

Such a feeling is ingrained on a genetic level. The subject of grandchildren arises because she really wants to rub it in by being cool and doting to the kids around you and destroy all progress you've made in how to raise your kids.

Thus, denial of this right she has will result in separate but equal punishment to you.

It's a fact of life. I would not condone anuy homicide of your mother. I'm sure we all would understand it, but certainly not condone it.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Nope, you are not alone!

My mom lives in my house- we made an "inlaw suite" for her in the basement. Funny how things come full circle with me supporting her now. Not an ideal arrangement but what can you do?

Yes, she drives me crazy most of the time. Passive aggressive remarks, lack of respect for my privacy, nagging, guilt trips, etc .......... I know she's lonely so I try to be patient with her. It isn't always easy. But the flip side is that she really does try to help out and do things for me.

I know ... I bought her the ticket, so it's really my fault ... 3.5months with mom is 3 months too many. Take in consideration that I haven't seen her in 15 years, and you have a recipe for disaster. She won't stop about how I've changed - duh!!! A lot has happened in 15 years ...

O

Yeah.. 3.5 months is a LONG time... My thoughts go out to you in this time of need!
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Oh, I forgot that time when she barged in my bedroom, catching me having sex with my boyfriend. Ugh, I’m too old for that shit.
O

Dear mother.... I know you always wanted a grandson, could you please stay and give me some advice on how make your wishes come true... please sit down and talk us through it ....

That should have shortened her visit !
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

I'm on my last 24 hours with mom - if i don't commit homicide between now and tomorrow at 3pm, I'm safe.

Party time!!!!!!!

:P

O

Breathe darling - post a good picture of the two of you.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Sorry, but the boyfriend thing is too funny.:D:D Did she back out real fast or stay around and chat?:P

I hope I'll find it funny some day too, but right now it just makes my skin crawl :S ... My cell phone rang and she just walked into my bedroom to bring it to me. My yelling "nu veni aici" (translation - "don't come in here") made no difference.

She walked in, got startled, screamed ... than walked out really fast. To this day she claims she didn't see anything. Yeah right >:( ...

O

Hey Oly,, you never told us... were you on top ???B|

Hey, I forgot to say: CONGRATULATIONS for surviving your ordeal!!! Presumably, no one got killed.. Well done!! :P:)

- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

She walked in, got startled, screamed ... than walked out really fast. To this day she claims she didn't see anything. Yeah right >:( ... O

So much for door locks.
:|
You did have the door locked, didn't you?

She walked in, got startled, screamed ... than walked out really fast. To this day she claims she didn't see anything. Yeah right >:( ... O

So much for door locks.
:|
You did have the door locked, didn't you?

No, the door was not locked B| ... and yes, I was on top :$ ...

O