incendium

Half marathon

Anybody here run half marathons before?
Just getting any idea of how much fun it was or wasn't for folks.:)
I am running a 10 miler and half marathon 13 days apart and looking forward to it. Should be a good time. :D although the weather is gonna be hot at 90 deg plus.....:S
Cheers! :D
v/r
Paul
"Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level and beat you!"

I used to run a lot (XXX years ago) .. 10K was my distance (P.B 40:20). 13 days apart will be fine... The closes that I came to running a 1/2 was when I did 2 10Ks in a day once (2 x 6.2 miles) - that made me sore for a while.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

It's a "fun" distance. It's hard because it's short enough to still be pushing pretty hard if you want. Try to do negative split(run the last half slightly faster than the first half) this takes some experience and planning but a good way to make you think about what speed you should start at.

I've done a few, I.T. band issue in my leg seems to keep flaring up at mile 10 so I learned the importance of stretching (before and after). Have a blast, they are really fun.
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" ~Samuel Clemens

MB#4300
Dudeist Skydiver #68

I've done three. It is a great distance. Far enough to be challenging but short enough that it won't kick your ass if you train a bit.
I am doing another in November, too.
Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.