ianmdrennan

Welcome, Kaiya Page Drennan

Kaiya Page Drennan was born July 29th 2009. Weighing in at 6 pounds 10 ounces and measuring 18 1/4 inches.

After a rocky start, and giving us all quite a scare, she's doing great.

Sorry for the pic quality (it's from my phone).

Welcome sweety. I hope life treats you fairly, well, and with love :)Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Well, in a number of ways. We're originally planned a totally natural birth, but breech and cord wrapped around her neck ruled that out - so we had to have a c-section.

Then about an hour and a half after she was born, she suddenly stopped breathing for about a minute while she was doing her first feed (and first bonding) with Annie. Fortunately we noticed almost immediately but she turned purple and went limp so fast - well.....it just tears me to even think about it. Fortunately the nurses were spectacular and get her breathing again.

It turns out she had developed an infection in the womb which lead to her having some initial respitory issues. Combined with the baby's initial inability to coordinate she essentially 'forgot to breath'.

Anyway, it was a REALLY long day of rushing back and forth with the nurses, getting her on antibiotics and dealing with the NICU.

Today, she was a totally different baby - alert, feeding, and happy. It was such a welcome relief (they are still watching her closely though).

She was worth it all though - she's an angel :)
Ian

Performance Designs Factory Team

Glad everything turned out okay. My first girl, her vitals went haywire during birth. We came tantalizingly close to a C-section. The nurses were having to make my wife shift her body from side to side often. A suction cup to the baby's head pulled her right out.

Second girl, she had some trouble with her breathing right after birth, but nothing that a few hours in NICU couldn't take care of. Just a little concern. But yours, wow, that's scary shit there.

It's all good now. Enjoy! B|

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

congrats, she's a little beauty! :)
i hope all is well now, my godchild didnt cry properly in the first few weeks, she just opened her mouth and would stop breathing until she turned all purple.. she's all fine now! :)

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

my godchild ... would stop breathing until she turned all purple..

If you were my godfather, I'd do the same :D

:D:D:D

if you were my godchild, i'd smack you in the head every time no one watched! :P

:D:D:D
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda