skycamefalling

Pretty cool POV cut away video

I was browsing Youtube and ran across this cut away video. If this is a repost....sorry. I thought it was a pretty cool POV of the one hand on each handle cut away sequence.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA_pA4rg1vE
Speedracer~I predict that Michael Jackson will rise from the dead.
And that a giant radioactive duck will emerge from the ocean and eat Baltimore.

DZ DOT COM S&TA READY TO GO!

He couldn't freefly worth a fuck, has them stupid goggles people buy when they get an A license, pulled at student height, took 2 calendar months to cutaway and had an RSL. Everything screams newbie. AND WEARING A CAMERA! Oh My God, where do i start Dave Lepka?

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

He couldn't freefly worth a fuck, has them stupid goggles people buy when they get an A license, pulled at student height, took 2 calendar months to cutaway and had an RSL. Everything screams newbie. AND WEARING A CAMERA! Oh My God, where do i start Dave Lepka?

Give this one a serve Andy:ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

dumbass 101 - don't pull down on the left rear riser while canopy is still opening
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

I was browsing Youtube and ran across this cut away video. If this is a repost....sorry. I thought it was a pretty cool POV of the one hand on each handle cut away sequence.

why would you mount a camera at that angle - it is possible it got knocked down, at :52 notice that the legs are still crossed like Mr Cool, something seems fishy, and I love the wave off without looking around, so anyway, great example of how NOT to save your life

too slow to deal wth mal, and how about LOOK DOWN TO SEE THE HANDLES THAT WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE

the "blind man" technique of feeling around for the handles is not good
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

why would you mount a camera at that angle - it is possible it got knocked down, at :52 notice that the legs are still crossed like Mr Cool, something seems fishy, and I love the wave off without looking around, so anyway, great example of how NOT to save your life

too slow to deal wth mal, and how about LOOK DOWN TO SEE THE HANDLES THAT WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE

You are funny. You made me laugh. You may need some anger management therapy. You and Andy could get a 2 for 1 discount. :D

dumbass 101 - don't pull down on the left rear riser while canopy is still opening

Huh...? I see him put his hands on both risers, but I don't see him pull down on the left rear riser.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

Huh...? I see him put his hands on both risers, but I don't see him pull down on the left rear riser.

slow motion and freeze frame at 13 and 14 seconds, left rear riser is pulled down and canopy spins left

slow motion and freeze frame at 13 and 14 seconds, left rear riser is pulled down and canopy spins left

ok... but it looks like he is in a fairly hard right hand turn at that time and may just be trying to even it out?

ok... but it looks like he is in a fairly hard right hand turn at that time and may just be trying to even it out?

I don't doubt that's what he was trying to do. How's that saying go? "Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want."

I don't doubt that's what he was trying to do. How's that saying go? "Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want."

Should he have waited it out longer? ..and do you think the outcome would have been different if he didn't pull down on the riser at all?

Should he have waited it out longer? ..and do you think the outcome would have been different if he didn't pull down on the riser at all?

I only have about 150 velo jumps. He may have benefited by waiting it out longer. He may have felt the need to steer it more. It does appear to have the right side fly around rapidly and spin up when *it appears* he gives a fairly radical L rear riser input with the brake still set.

I've found my best opening are to pitch evenly, neutral body position, and let it do what it wants to do and not screw with it. I have my hands on the risers to provide myself the option of steering if I have a need to, but rarely do anything other than hold them lightly.

I only have about 150 velo jumps. He may have benefited by waiting it out longer. He may have felt the need to steer it more. It does appear to have the right side fly around rapidly and spin up when *it appears* he gives a fairly radical L rear riser input with the brake still set.

I've found my best opening are to pitch evenly, neutral body position, and let it do what it wants to do and not screw with it. I have my hands on the risers to provide myself the option of steering if I have a need to, but rarely do anything other than hold them lightly.

I only have about 900 velo jumps but I'd say you have the right idea. I've had openings spin me 360 degrees because it inflated asymmetrically, but I've never had the canopy fly itself into line twists.

At about :45 he obviously decides that he needs to cut away. So why is it that he starts to go for his cut away handle, some what second guesses himself, reaches for his right toggle again and then finally decides to initiate his emergency procedures? Obviously if you have decided to cut away, taking that few extra seconds to re-think your cut away is probably not the smartest decision.
Speedracer~I predict that Michael Jackson will rise from the dead.
And that a giant radioactive duck will emerge from the ocean and eat Baltimore.

I only have about 900 velo jumps but I'd say you have the right idea. I've had openings spin me 360 degrees because it inflated asymmetrically, but I've never had the canopy fly itself into line twists.

Yeah - try to keep your hands off the risers on a Velo... It just causes problems for the most part. I will kick to tr and momentum with the canopy if it is trying to spin faster than the momentum is being transferred down to me in the harness.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka