LisaH

If you're in CA, don't get caught using a cell phone while driving

Keep an eye out for those red light cameras too. I recently got on of those bullshit tickets for making a right on a red (didnt come to a full stop) that cost me $500!

I was driving thru Baytown, Texas (SE of Houston) a couple of weeks ago. Couple of days ago, I get a $75.00 cam ticket in the mail. They have the pictures of my California roll-thru red making a right; but a video also. Evidence on tape.

So here's the deal. I really didn't mind paying the ticket (although it does feel intrusive and big brotherish...) While I was down there, some dirtshit snatches a 13 year old girl, mother is screaming and a good samaritan gets the truck tag and calls the cops, the cops feed the tag number into that cam system and concurrently light up those big informational light panels over the beltway (the one's that say, "slow, construction ahead) with:

Child Kidnapping
Blue Truck
TAG # XYZ123

Well, between the good Texans calling and the cams delivering the locations of the vehicle's tag catches to the cops either thru their latops or by radio (I don't know which) but, the police are able to isolate this motherfucker to a certain sector. Within 20-30 minutes, they have him thrown down and hog-tied and the little girl delivered back to her mother.

Kind of mixed emotions about it. Big brotherish.. yeah. Did my $75.00 contribute to a system that saved a little girl's life... perhaps. If it did, then it was a small price to pay both for my violation and a system that saved her life.

Your thoughts?
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

I was listening to the news here in florida about hands free verses without. The study still said there was not a difference. The main distraction is email/texting while driving not talking.

If any state should have a cell phone law it is Florida. Hell, they should ban anything while driving here for anyone over 50 and then make them take another driving test. These older drivers are psycho here I tell ya! DMV will give a lic to anyone here!
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

I just paid $452 for this mistake. B|

I think it seems a bit excessive. If I'm on thye cell phone I'll just defer to the others in my group for their shot, or tell the other guy to wait, hit my shot, and continue the covesation in the golf cart, and having a beer.

Now, a cell phone while putting is understandable. But not while driving. It'll mess with your mechanics and you'll probably slice.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I think it seems a bit excessive. If I'm on thye cell phone I'll just defer to the others in my group for their shot, or tell the other guy to wait, hit my shot, and continue the covesation in the golf cart, and having a beer.

Now, a cell phone while putting is understandable. But not while driving. It'll mess with your mechanics and you'll probably slice.

Huh?? :D;)
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Huh?? :D;)

No, really... HUH??? :P

ouch !!!! ouaou !!! How to become poor just because you've a mobile!!! omg!!!

In france, if you do it, you've to pay but you'll also have 2 less points on your drivinh licence (we have only 6). !!!
Mélanie

Check out my new website!!! :) www.greentimes.com.au or the page on FB Green Times !!!

I would have gone to court and spoken to the prosecutor.

Tell them the truth and then ask for some sort of professional courtesy.

I tried to do that today. I let it go too long and to warrant. And DMV suspension of my license. I had no choice but to pay.

Live and learn! :)
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

I have ended up 20 miles from where I intended by talking on the phone and driving. :S Definitely distracting to me[:/]

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

I have ended up 20 miles from where I intended by talking on the phone and driving. :S Definitely distracting to me[:/]

:D:D:D:D:D
I have done the same thing many times! Look up WTF?[:/] Where am I? O shit i should have exited waaaaaay back there somewhere[:/]:|:ph34r:
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Any ticket i get goes to court! I have (3) Lawyers i use in different countys. I dont care what the ticket is for or how much the fine is. If some ticket quota jack ass cop is going to write me a ticket for doing 5 miles over the speed limit, then he can see one of the 3 lawyers I use in court. I hate the fact that they are out there trying to create revinew because of an illegal quota for some jackass that likes our money! They should be out looking for real criminals! Did I make myself clear? >:(

Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

I got a speeding ticket going home from the Fitzgerald, GA's St. Patrick's Day boogie. Obviously I couldn't wait to get home to my girls. :P Going 86 in a 65 zone in Dadeville, AL. Busted by an unmarked Dodge Charger going the other direction. [:/]

Even though the cop was nice, he wouldn't let me off with that much over the limit.

The court date was in mid May. I forgot about the ticket during a 60 to 90 day span, within a month before to 2 months after my 2nd girl was born. :$

I get a notice in the mail that I missed the court date and a new one was made and if I missed that one, a warrant would be made for my arrest and my license would get suspended. :S

Of course, I called and was contrite in explaining my situation. Sent the money order the very next day, 4 days before the court date.

All is good now, except for the rise in my auto insurance premium coming this December. [:/]

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I don't think talking and driving should be a primary offense anywhere. Texting and driving, for sure.
Hell I talk on the phone, e-mail (with a full size laptop in my RAM mount) when driving. Of course I'm not in a city or have any traffic close to me when I'm e-mailing (or surfing the web).

If I get a work call or any other call that I may need to use a little brain power I PULL OVER. I'll make the person wait or call them back. I have a bluetooth headset, sometimes I use it, sometimes I don't. That depends on the state I'm in and if it's charged up or not.

So far the only accident I've been in is when someone hit me from behind when I was sitting at a red light and I drive about 1000 miles a week for work and another 2-500 personal miles.

Really it's all about risk management. What's around me? Can I talk? Can I press those keys while still looking at the road? Can I change my XM channel? Is that dumb ass going to pass me before I get to the back of that semi or will I need to slow down because THEY are not paying attention?

As a biker , I have more than noticed 90 + percent of the absent minded drivers pulling out in front of me, or cutting me off, are "just too busy with their phone masterbation"

Pull the fuck over if it is that important..other than that..it can wait...10 years ago we didn;t even have these things..trust me, you will survive!

Any ticket i get goes to court! I have (3) Lawyers i use in different countys. I dont care what the ticket is for or how much the fine is. If some ticket quota jack ass cop is going to write me a ticket for doing 5 miles over the speed limit, then he can see one of the 3 lawyers I use in court. I hate the fact that they are out there trying to create revinew because of an illegal quota for some jackass that likes our money! They should be out looking for real criminals! Did I make myself clear? >:(

It is funny how we perceive breaking certain laws does not make us "real" criminals:S I wonder if that is how petty burglars feel?

Anyway as a biker and a parent I am totally against cellphone use, islamic head-dress while driving and speeding. I don't speed (even on the bike) and I sincerely wish people would realise just how damaging to THEIR life driving without due care and attention can be.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

I just paid $452 for this mistake. B|

Sorry to hear about the fine, but be happy it didn't cost someone's life.. I think it ought to be illegal everywhere - it's very dangerous.

Shouldn't the punishment be for killing someone? You could use the same thought process to outlaw anything...such as skydiving. You could die because its dangerous so it should be illegal, or you could damage someones property when you die or you could have a premature deployment and it destroy the tail of the aircraft and it will crash killing everyone on board and some people in a building the airplane crashed into so it should be illegal.
Its only supposed to be against the law if you infringe on someone elses rights, not if it possibly could at some point.

Barn door, horse...

If you want to go ahead and kill yourself, be my guest.

If a group of people wants to go ahead and participate in an activity which could kill any or all of them, be my guest.

If you, trough plain negligence, irresponsibility or inattention pose a risk to the life of others, you deserve to be (in this case) fined, or in skydiving sanctioned.:|
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom