kingbunky

finger trapping toggle lines?

The soft links I've been using since the reline were made using the sewless method. I was really scared at the beginning but after a few hundred jumps (checking periodically) they seem to be standing the job pretty well. I have also switched canopies a couple of times and they show no sign of slippage or abnormal wear. I will replace them within the next 100 jumps though.
Yes, you have to measure all lines under tension. This is really tricky specially when making cascades. The tension varies according to line material (check Dan Pointer's manual)

Ronaldo
Engineering Law #5: The most vital dimension on any plan drawing stands the most chance of being omitted

you still need to be meticulous while doing the hole, it is a weak point !

Yes, you must take care to get the holes through the center of the lines, evenly splitting the bundles of fibers on either side of the hole. Also good to go between the bundles and not through them.

Just like most things in rigging, it takes some attention to detail to do it properly.