JohnMitchell

Vskydiver's Gear Raffle, Leap for Lupus

It's time again for the Leap for Lupus Charity fund raising raffle. As many of you know, Valinda Mitchell, Vskydiver, has lupus, an life changing, sometimes life threatening, autoimmune disease. After almost losing her life to it five years ago, she decided to fight back and raise funds for medical research against this disease. Once again we're having our annual fund raising raffle. Please take a look at the great prizes that have been donated by some of your favorite manufacturers and suppliers.

Velocity Sports Equipment - 50% off a new custom rig

United Parachute Technologies - 30% off base price and 15% off options on a custom Vector3

Aerodyne - Three chances to win 25% off coupons for any Aerodyne product

Flite Suit - One 50% off coupon and one 25% off coupon

Larsen and Brusgaard - One Altitrack electronic altimeter, one VISO altimeter.

Square1 - Hawkeye camera helmet, blk, med. and a $75 off coupon for any Bonehead helmet.

Alti-2 - 50% off coupon and a 25% off coupon for a new Altimaster N3

Hypoxic - Hypeye D photo kit and Hypeye D Pro camera control kit

Alti-2 - 50% off and 25% off coupons for the new Altimaster N

Performance Designs - 2-liter PD Hydration pack by High Sierra and PD t-shirts.

The tickets are $5 U.S, each, or 5 for $20 ($4 each). You may purchase them online at our website, http://www.leapforlupus.org/lfl/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=57&Itemid=70, from Valinda or me in person, before or during the boogie, or by check through the mail. The drawings will be Saturday night, August 8th, after the banquet dinner at the Leap for Lupus Boogie and POPS record. Please PM me if you need a mailing address for the latter, or if you have any questions.

Leap for Lupus is a fully accredited 501(c)(3) non profit charity. All of our proceeds go directly to the University of Washington Division of Rheumatology, where they are doing great research into lupus causes and cures. Also, our foundation is all volunteer. 100% of your donations go directly to research.

Once again I'd like to thank the generosity of all the companies who have donated to our raffle. Thank you for your support again this year. Last year was a great success. I'm hoping for the same this year.

John Mitchell :)

How about a poster sized version of Mrs V's avatar?:)That would be hung in a place of honor at my DZ.

And yes, I am completely serious.

"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

How about a poster sized version of Mrs V's avatar?:)That would be hung in a place of honor at my DZ.

You want a poster of my avitar? :o They printed that picture HUGE in the new Blue Skies Magazine that just came out. Did you see that?

You want a poster of my avitar? :o They printed that picture HUGE in the new Blue Skies Magazine that just came out. Did you see that?

Yes. Autographed if possible. If you put a lipstick "kiss" on the poster, even better.:)
I don't really need any gear at the moment, so the discount coupons don't have a whole lot of attraction for me. But raffling off the poster...;)
That would be hung in a prominent place at my DZ.
No I didn't see the mag yet, I didn't get my subscription in on time.:(
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I think a "Date with DangerRoo" should be on the prize list.:$:)

I think a "Dinner Date with VSkydiver" should be on the list. ;)

Then I'd buy all the tickets. :)
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who
can do nothing for him."

- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I'd have to chaperone.:P And sit in the middle.:D

>:( Spoilsport! :P

Good luck with the raffle. Let me know if I win anything (besides the date w/ Valinda). :$
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who
can do nothing for him."

- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Just bought a couple tickets..question..if I win the Velocity coupon and get a Rig will Valinda be doing the custom embroidery? We are getting ready to buy a new rig and canopy with our Company Logo's so we can use it as a write off. Haven't decided on the rig yet just know what I am not buying again. I hear good things about the Velocity Rigs and if Valinda is doing the embroidery and a I get a 50% Off coupon that would seal my choice. (any chance you just give me that coupon early and say I won it? :ph34r: )

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Would need the boyfriend's approval for any of that though

Just tell him he lost his turn. If he's a skydiver, he'll understand. :D
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

V does do the best job ever !!;);););)

From what John is always saying I'm sure she does:o:)

Seriuous though i'll buy the same amount of tickets if I win that coupon in time to order my rig this weekend ;););)

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

I think a "Date with DangerRoo" should be on the prize list.:$:)

I think she likes her dates to be in the Georgia area nowadays. B|:P:ph34r:

SWEET! I'll buy 10 tickets :):D:$:)
Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

dayum, i'd want that velocity-rig.. B|

i'd even be willing to exchange the dates with either roo or val; not because i dont like them, just because i have more use for a custom-rig.. :P

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

If one of us on dz.com win, will we get a pm notifying us? Or will there be a winners list posted as a thread? Or will something just suddenly appear in our mailbox? ;)

Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

Hey, you should nudge some of the vendors for some t-shirts. I LOVE t-shirts! :) In fact, that's what I'd want to win, if they were in the raffle! ;)

Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

JerryBaumchen just donated a prize to the raffle. He will build a set of replacement handles, cutaway and reserve, to fit your rig.B| That would be nice to have in case you lost some handles on your next cutaway.:)
Thanks Jerry.

What do you mean "next" cutaway. Hell, some of us dont have "A" cutaway.

(Just watch now Im going to have one this weekend)
Muff #5048

(Just watch now Im going to have one this weekend)

:D:D:D:D

Hey, everyone, I'm getting some peeps saying they don't use paypal but would like to buy some tickets. I'm much the same way. Please PM me and I'll send you the mailing address to get some tickets.

Thanks to everyone for your participation. It's going great.:)
John