shah269

Engineers aint got no game!

How do you know the girl does not like the constant texts and the 2 dates-in-2-days-thing? Maybe she would love to go couch shopping with him....

Oh, quit with your logic. It's all about the game! :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

+1! that is true! We are all not alike thank god!
But there are a large number of.....would it be wrong if I said odd?....odd engineers. Not only here in the US but also around the world.

I knew some very strange ones while I worked in Finland.

I recall there was this one guy, he would only eat and drink only white things....very odd! Smart as hell! But....a little odd.

And my friend, though not that strange is still never th eless odd when it comes to girls. But I'm hoping he will eventually live and learn and one day find a nice girl who isn't nuts and he won't scare away by his.....well let's just call it what it is...border line stalking dating habits.

I think most people even outside of the engineering/sciences world could be considered wierd.

no offense but I have met my fair share of "normal" people and most of them are downright boring... I however try to keep my life interesting...

Edited to add: I think its pretty odd to sit in front of a television and watch most pro sports (football and baseball in particular) but it seems to be pretty common among a large percentage of the population... (which means it's probably considered to be normal)
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

How do you know the girl does not like the constant texts and the 2 dates-in-2-days-thing? Maybe she would love to go couch shopping with him....

Oh, quit with your logic. It's all about the game! :P

Sorry, I can't help it with the logic thing ... I'm an engineer!!

Perhaps she does. Shah hasn't mentioned if she is complaining or not. He's focused on his friend. I think he should stay out of it and quit trying to fix things for him.

She's my wifes friend, I'll find out tonight if he has been over the top. But from my point of view....well ok let me ask this.
How would you feel if a guy you went on a date with twice started sending you texts at 7 am seeing if you wanted to gout to lunch later today, tomarrow or any other day?
A bit much no?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Sorry, I can't help it with the logic thing ... I'm an engineer!!

I was kidding. :)
So, a female engineer...do you think your fellow engineers suck at dating too?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Don't you wish I were your friend :-)

Nope.

I'm hurt! :(
See if I ever set you up on a blind date!
Or pick you up after you crashed your car!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

So, a female engineer...do you think your fellow engineers suck at dating too?

I have learned 2 things over the years regarding dataing ....
(i) there is no accounting for taste!
(ii) there is a lid for every pot!

I work with a guy who was far down the line when the Lord was giving out good looks. His hobby is playing with model trains. He is, to me, downright strange! However, he is happily married with 2 kids. Which means, when I (who I would like to think was further up the good-looks line!) was single, he was getting some!! He found his other half and she loves him.

So the guy I thought would be useless at dating was not as useless as we all thought!!

As to Shah's question about a guy calling all the time etc., well, personally I like to hear from a guy often. Before my boyfriend moved in, he would call me at 6am every morning because that was the only time we had to talk! It worked for us.

At least she will not be any doubt as to whether he is "just not that into her" or not!!!

Give the guy the benefit of the doubt for a minute and see what happens.

Those are things I would expect from any friend, not just a really good one.

Really good friends set you up with their sister or pay for the hooker :D

They also claim to be the driver of said crashed car when you're drunk off your ass and the cops file the accident report. ;)

How would you feel if a guy you went on a date with twice started sending you texts at 7 am seeing if you wanted to gout to lunch later today, tomarrow or any other day?

I would probably giggle and say "awww." That's just me.

Then I would tell him I will call him back later. If 7am is too early for her, she should say something.

It's only a bit much if she speaks up and he doesn't listen. But, she needs to speak up.
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Every dog has it's day!
Hell look at me! I'm ugly as hell! And my wife is cute.
I'm hoping it works out ok. I really do!
I'll see tonight when I get home if the girl called my wife asking us to tell him to stop.

I mean it's one thing if you have been dating a while and you talk during lunch or send casual messages back and forth.....but after date 1, give the girl a moment to breath a little.
But that's just me.

Go out on a date, give the girl a day or two to talk with her friends and figure out what she wants and if she likes you or not then call and see if she is free for a movie.
But that was just me.

Oh....god! Why! Why is it that engineers have no game? Is it due to the soul crushing 4+ year that it takes to get an education? Is it the fact that on average your average girl to guy ratio in engineering school is 1/100?
What is up with engineers having zero game?
I hooked up a mate on a blind date, something I never ever due, due to the fact that no one ever did it for me....no I’m not bitter....but anyhow. Date was on Saturday evening....so what does he do at the end...ask her out for Sunday movies.....ok ok...a little strange but ok.....and now what is the super dork doing...texting her nonstop. Sweet flaming Jesus man! Don't you know the game? Stop acting so desperate! Give the girl a moment or two to breath and come to terms with you!
Now he's asking me if he should invite her to go couch shopping :S........I feel like shooting him in the foot for being so fracking stupid! It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion!
What gives with engineers and not having game?

I am an engineering student, and I see where you're coming from. The truth is, this is only about 20% of our students, most of us are very sociable and "get around."

As for "losing game," I could understand what you mean. Some of the guys are getting worse as we're getting closer to graduation. I happen to work as a bartender in New Orleans, so I'm constantly sharpening my wit. Whenever I see a guy in need, I lend him "The Game" by Neil Strauss.

http://www.amazon.com/Game-Penetrating-Secret-Society-Artists/dp/0060554738

Some people don't like the shady world of "sleeping around." You don't need "game" if your looking for the love of your life! Think about it. If he really is looking for something serious, let him be himself! Don't tell him what to do. See if she likes him.

I am an engineering student, and I see where you're coming from. The truth is, this is only about 20% of our students, most of us are very sociable and "get around."

As for "losing game," I could understand what you mean. Some of the guys are getting worse as we're getting closer to graduation. I happen to work as a bartender in New Orleans, so I'm constantly sharpening my wit. Whenever I see a guy in need, I lend him "The Game" by Neil Strauss.

http://www.amazon.com/Game-Penetrating-Secret-Society-Artists/dp/0060554738

I wish you much luck in your studies, and It's a great book! I've owend about a dozen coppies. I buy it re read it and give it away to friends who are in need.

Maybe you should choose more functional friends.

:S

Hay be nice to my friends mate! You don't see me being mean to your friends now do you?
Not the poor guys fault he's had such bad luck with respect to women and never had the chance to make his mistakes early in life.

Hay be nice to my friends mate! You don't see me being mean to your friends now do you?
Not the poor guys fault he's had such bad luck with respect to women and never had the chance to make his mistakes early in life.

Exactly my point. Let him make his mistakes and stay out of it. He will probably thank you later. ;)
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Exactly my point. Let him make his mistakes and stay out of it. He will probably thank you later. ;)

God I hope so!

Some engineers have plenty of game.;)

Oh yeah … I can attest to that ;) ...

Maybe you should choose more functional friends. :S

That would require some social skills, wouldn't it? Umm … considering his unsurpassed talent at making friends, are you surprised? I think not …

O

Some engineers have plenty of game.;)

Oh yeah … I can attest to that ;) ...

Maybe you should choose more functional friends. :S

That would require some social skills, wouldn't it? Umm … considering his unsurpassed talent at making friends, are you surprised? I think not …

O

WOW! You sure are angry!
Nothing nice to say ever....aint you a bundle of roses!

Nope, nothing nice to say to you (big difference) … I don’t know … something to do with your attitude regarding women … your wife included. Those times you bragged (in an open, public forum) about your … umm … extra-marital “game”, definitely got my attention …

Glad to see you moved on to bashing educated people … at least those include both sexes, so your misogynism can not be called into question.

O

I give you exhibit A.
Angry engineering girl.
In engineering school she's the bees knees!
Why? Well 100 guys to 1 girl!
All she would have had to do in school was point at a guy and say "You! You will pick me up at 8pm sharp, you will take me to this place for dinner, you will pay for dinner and you will be happy with a hug and the understanding that I know you exist!" and you know it would work most of the time.

Get her out of school, get her into the real world....in a sea of business major women who had to work to date a decent guy due to the competition of all the other girls and well the inner anger just comes out. No longer the bees knees.....what did you expect.

Funny thing, the opposite happens to Engineering guys who graduate and go into teaching or a girl rich environment. They are the happiest guys I have ever seen!

So....stay angry. It's fun for you I'm sure but....well life is short. What's the point of being so pissed? Sure be mean to me be angry at me. There is no need to be mean to my friend.
Like I said not his fault he had bad luck, made some bad choices and got shafted by his x wife. Because that’s not mean, that’s just rude.

anyone want popcon with this!?

i'm cracking open a cold :D!

:D:D:D

Well I just get the attacks? I mean what's the point. Here I'm worried about a friend and I get attacked.

Oh well......what can you do right?

But back on topic....you know what would be cool. If Engineering schools started offering basic social classes. You know kind of like highschool where you had to square dance and what not?
Except in this case it would be with the girls from the Psych department ;)
(think of the papers those gals would write about the engineers!)

I mean these are really nice guys! Realy smart! Just....they just don't know how to talk and when they see a girl most (note I did not say all) tend to go ga ga.

Well I'll find out tonight if he messed up today or not. I'm hoping for the best. Here is to hope! :)