shah269

Engineers aint got no game!

I've always wanted one of those really good girls - the kind that could care less about fucking you simply because you have no money.

In my view, a good girl is someone who cares about her children's future. Money is definitely a factor in determining how good a future a couple can offer their children. Unless the girl is making enough money to be the sole breadwinner and provide a comfortable future for her children, even while bearing children, the guy's income is going to be a factor. Not the only factor. But certainly a factor.
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

I think women do the same thing too. Some will even learn to skydive for the advantage.

Not this chica.

Haven't you heard the saying, "The odds are good but the goods are odd"? ;):P;)

:D:D:D

Yeah ... I know exactly what you mean :|.

O

Edited to add: Meeting men was the last thing on my mind as a motivation for starting skydiving; actually, just the opposite ... instead of going on series of disappointing first dates, I was looking for something else to do with my spare time ...

It's funny you guys and gals bring this up.
While working in Finland I was single, and when I met my future wife she had a very hard choice to make. Either go out with me, the engineer or a buss driver. Guess who is a hot comodity in Finland.
I'll give you a hint "The wheels on the buss go round and round......."
Yeah! Your average city buss driver in Finland apparently was a hotter comodity than the average engineer.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

It's funny you guys and gals bring this up.
While working in Finland I was single, and when I met my future wife she had a very hard choice to make. Either go out with me, the engineer or a buss driver. Guess who is a hot comodity in Finland.
I'll give you a hint "The wheels on the buss go round and round......."
Yeah! Your average city buss driver in Finland apparently was a hotter comodity than the average engineer.

The bus driver probably :

(a) is still working at the same job as a bus driver all these years later
(b) stayed in Finland rather than emigrating to America
(c) worked sane hours that allowed him to give the ladies the attention they deserve

Financial stability is very important--the bus driver probably wasn't making a six figure income but probably offered some stability that could be built upon.

Money isn't the only thing but financial stability can offer an opportunity to work on the other things in life that are important--some who is continually either worried about losing their job or having to consistently work 14-16 hour days to keep the job they have isn't going to have the time or energy to give ladies the attention they need.
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

Oh no...not just me!
Any and all engineers were seen as second to buss drivers! I recall that for the first 4 or so years the engineer made less cash than the buss driver.....it was crazy!
Add to it that some engineers are shy and well it was a perfect storm.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

He is Kelso. Man, looking on the outside it just doesn't make sense. When you think about it, a lot of the romantic decisions people make do not make sense.

Hay your right! Some married me! I mean really! WOW!

But yeah....it was a hell of a sell trying to convince her, to go out with me and not the buss driver...it was the out of this world conversation I have ever had.

I basicly had to sell my self as the anti engineer....which isn't that much of a stretch.
Except for the bad spelling.

Don't be so hard on yourself - I wouldn't call you "Odd" exactly.

I'm not the one who would do a dead chick!! :P

No - you just want a frozen guy.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

That is justification for finding a suitable father. That is not necessarily justification for basing your criterion for "suitable father" on someone who consistently makes as much as a Doctor or a Lawyer.

It's the stability that is very important. As I noted in another post, a doctor, a lawyer, and a bus driver may ALL offer more stability than an engineer. A stable home environment is good for children.

Ever date or marry someone from the DZ?

I think that would not only be very difficult...number of girls to guys but also very difficult to sustain....number of guys to girls.

Or, to tell it more specifically like it was, many engineers were left unemployed and driving taxis, etc, when the funding for the space program dried up.

Yes, that. When public loses interest in the flavor of the decade, people are less willing to fight for more money on the Hill or contribute more for research in that area. If you can't awe the public, the public will not pay.

It's not the engineers that has problem with the ladies, it's the geeks in engineering that has problems. You don't need money at all to attract women. You need personality. The wanting of more finance and stability comes later in the relationship. But we aren't talking about relationships here, we are talking about dating.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

It's not the engineers that has problem with the ladies, it's the geeks in engineering that has problems. You don't need money at all to attract women. You need personality. The wanting of more finance and stability comes later in the relationship. But we aren't talking about relationships here, we are talking about dating.

My experience has been that women do their best to find out all they can about a guy's potential for a relationship--including finance and stability--very early on. Ie on the first date. Women don't like to leave these things to chance. I'm NOT saying that money is the only thing that women look at. But I AM saying that women make it their business to learn everything they can about a guy early on in the dating process, and all other things being equal, definitely it helps to be well established financially.

Yes there ARE some men who are so strong personality-wise--you might say they are "naturals" in the dating game--that they attract women on the strength of their personality alone. Some such men seem to be able to do so even when not very attractive physically. But such men are IMHO in the minority. Most of us have to work at it and have to work at developing aspects of ourselves outside of just our "personality" to attract women.

So I'm still on this conference call since 0830 this morning...with engineers....we can't finger this issue out...when one of the other engineers sends me this:

You work on a weird schedule (emergency calls by late night and stuff). Just like whores do. You get paid to satisfy the client. Again, just like whores do. Your work often goes beyond the regular shift. Like a whore's work. You're more productive during late night. Same time when whores do most of theirs. You're rewarded when you make the client's wildest dreams come true. Whores do so too, they just calls those dreams fetishes. Your friends are often distant, and you only hang around those in your same line of work. Ask any whore, they suffer from that too.
When you meet the client, you've gotta be presentable. But after a long meeting you'll be looking like you've just came out of hell. Just like whores. Your clients (and your boss) want to pay you less and less, and they want you to leave them in awe with your work more and more. And yeah you guessed, just like whores. When things go wrong, it's always your fault. A whore is the only one responsible for the client's satisfaction. When asked by your family and friends what you work with, you have trouble explaining it. Can you see where this is headed?

[:/] ouch

I can understand when some guys aren't exactly ladies men. But that must represent the antithesis of a man who is ever going to get laid. Ever.

Some people, hell who am i kidding...most peole take engineers for granted.

I can believe that.

Well, maybe....

Ever date or marry someone from the DZ?

Yes, I dated two skydivers ... we met, we liked each other, we gave it a try for a few months. BUT I didn't learn to skydive just to enter an environment where I have little competition for the men's attention, as you imply. At the risk of being accused of thinking highly of myself, I never had trouble getting male attention, in any environment.

Edited to add: I got no game and all that, but I know how to flirt, make conversation ... and drive someone crazy B| ... As for competition? I doesn't scare me ... bring it on!!!

O