shah269

Engineers aint got no game!

How do you know the girl does not like the constant texts and the 2 dates-in-2-days-thing? Maybe she would love to go couch shopping with him....

Oh, quit with your logic. It's all about the game! :P

There are girls out there who actually like that kind of treatment, you are going to get him in trouble if you tell him to act in a way that isn't himself once the girl finds out what he is really like.
Why would anyone jump out of a perfectly good airplane? Cause the door was open!

Ever consider she's not angry so much as responding to the mean attack of engineers in general?
A rather broad brush there man.

Yes ok, but....some agreed with me as well.
So shouldn't they perhaps be getting "the love" that I'm getting?

Also the attack onmy friend was unwarnted as well don't you think?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

oh, and its not the first time you came up with, well, lets just say, rather "controversial" opinions with answers that might quite fit that bill!? ;)

I'm gonig to start a thread that will blow every one out of the water. How chocolate ice cream is way better than all other flavors! :P

How is engineering guys, on average, having no game be contraversial? That's like telling accountant jokes!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

oh, and its not the first time you came up with, well, lets just say, rather "controversial" opinions with answers that might quite fit that bill!? ;)

I'm gonig to start a thread that will blow every one out of the water. How chocolate ice cream is way better than all other flavors! :P

How is engineering guys, on average, having no game be contraversial? That's like telling accountant jokes!

uhm, i am an accountant! what you got to say about me then!? :D
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Nothing! Yeeesh! :P
When I lived in Finland accountant jokes were more popular than engineering jokes.

maybe my rock behind which i'm hiding is a little off route, but to be honest, i dont know either accountant-, nor engineering jokes.. i know jokes about blondes, but that might have to do with the fact that i'm blonde myself..

help a brother out, do you know an accountant- or engiineering joke including blondes!? :D:D:D

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

maybe my rock behind which i'm hiding is a little off route, but to be honest, i dont know either accountant-, nor engineering jokes.. i know jokes about blondes, but that might have to do with the fact that i'm blonde myself..

help a brother out, do you know an accountant- or engiineering joke including blondes!? :D:D:D

Blond engineerign/accountant jokes! God now that's hard! I'll have to ask my friend Mia. If any one knows them it's her. She is an accountant and knows the best dirty jokes! Who knew.....accountants could be dirty :)

Just for you...to lighten this up a bit :P

An accountant visited the Natural History museum. While standing near the dinosaur he said to his neighbor: "This dinosaur is two billion years and ten months old".
"Where did you get this exact information?"
"I was here ten months ago, and the guide told me that the dinosaur is two billion years old."

-------------

Two accountants are in a bank, when armed robbers burst in. While several of the robbers take the money from the tellers, others line the customers, including the accountants, up against a wall, and proceed to take their wallets, watches, etc. While this is going on accountant number one jams something in accountant number two's hand. Without looking down, accountant number two whispers, "What is this?" to which accountant number one replies, "it's that $50 I owe you."

-------------

A patient was at her doctor's office after undergoing a complete physical exam. The doctor said, "I have some very grave news for you. You only have six months to live."
The patient asked, "Oh doctor, what should I do?"

The doctor replied, "Marry an accountant."

"Will that make me live longer?" asked the patient.

"No," said the doctor, "but it will SEEM longer."

-------------

An accountant is having a hard time sleeping and goes to see his doctor. "Doctor, I just can't get to sleep at night."

"Have you tried counting sheep?"

"That's the problem - I make a mistake and then spend three hours trying to find it."

-------------

Why accountants don't read novels?
Because the only numbers in them are page numbers.

-------------

A guy in a bar leans over to the guy next to him and says, "Want to hear an accountant joke?"
The guy next to him replies, "Well, before you tell that joke, you should know that I'm 6 feet tall, 200 pounds, and I'm an accountant. And the guy sitting next to me is 6'2" tall, 225 pounds, and he's an accountant. Now, do you still want to tell that joke?"

The first guy says, "No, I don't want to have to explain it two times."

-------------

Why do accountants make good lovers? They're great with figures.

-------------

If an accountant's wife cannot sleep, what does she say?
"Darling, could you tell me about your work."

-------------

A 54-year-old accountant leaves a letter for his wife one evening which read: "Dear Wife, I am 54 years old, and by the time you get this letter I will be at the Grand Hotel with my beautiful and sexy eighteen year old secretary."
When he arrived at the hotel, there was a letter waiting for him that read as follows: "Dear Husband, I too am 54 years old, and by the time you receive this letter I will be at the Savoy Hotel with my eighteen year old toy boy. Because you are an accountant, you will surely appreciate that l8 goes into 54 many more times than 54 goes into 18."

-------------

A young accountant spends a week at his new office with the retiring accountant he is replacing. Each and every morning as the more experienced accountant begins the day, he opens his desk drawer, takes out a worn envelope, removes a yellowing sheet of paper, reads it, nods his head, looks around the room with renewed vigor, returns the envelope to the drawer, and then begins his day's work.
After he retires, the new accountant can hardly wait to read for himself the message contained in the envelope in the drawer, particularly since he feels so inadequate in replacing the far wiser and more highly esteemed accountant. Surely, he thinks to himself, it must contain the great secret to his success, a wondrous treasure of inspiration and motivation. His fingers tremble anxiously as he removes the mysterious envelope from the drawer and reads the following message:

"Debits in the column toward the file cabinet.
Credits in the column toward the window."

-------------

Pick-Up Lines to use on Accounting Chicks

You've got a lovely pair of W-2's.
Please, baby, let me withhold you.
Nice assets.
Lady, you make my pants file for an extension.
In my office, I.R.S. stands for I'm Really Sexy.
Let's fill out a 1040 - you are a 10 and I'm a 40.
If I help you screw Uncle Sam, can I be next?
Technically, having sex with me is like a charitable gift.
You're entitled to a $5,000 tax break on your municipal bond income... now let's do it.
You're the kind of girl I could take home to mother - which is good, since I still live with her.

-------------

How accountants do it...
Accountants do it by the book.
Accountants do it within budget.
Accountants do it to the bottom line.
Accountants do it with double entries.
Accountants do it between spreadsheets.
Accountants are Certified to do it in Public.
Accountants do it without losing their balance.

-------------

You might be an Accountant if...

you refer to your child as Deduction 214.
you deduct Exlax as "Moving expenses".
you have no idea that GAP is also a clothing store.
at the move Indecent Proposal you did a NPV calculation.
getting to sleep is an exciting event that you look forward to all day long.
your idea of trashing your hotel room is refusing to fill out the guest comment card.
you are doing it now because you checked the file and found that you did it last year.
you decide to change your name to a symbol and you choose the double underline "======".

-------------

How many accountants does it take to change a light bulb?
"What kind of answer did you have in mind?"
Two, one to change the light bulb and one to check that it was done within the given budget.

BRAVO!

As for Olympia, maybe you should chill out. Obviously you've hit a sore spot with her a few too many times, hence her response. Oh that...and your blatant generalization of all engineers. ;) There are some people who you think might have a tepid personality because of the nature of their profession, yet they are some of the most amazing and personable people you'll ever meet. Just like some people who you think should have an outgoing personality and great social skills...could be an absolute bore. It works both ways Shah ;)

No arguments there.
But what are your thoughts about the square dancing for the engineers at university?
Immagine not being able to graduate due to not being able to square dance nor being able to walk up to some one and ask for a dance?
I think it would be a good thing. Too many good, no AMAZING ideas trapped inside the heads of some of the quetest people. If they could only, if they would only stand up and deliver. Oh how great the world would be!

No arguments there.
But what are your thoughts about the square dancing for the engineers at university?
Immagine not being able to graduate due to not being able to square dance nor being able to walk up to some one and ask for a dance?
I think it would be a good thing. Too many good, no AMAZING ideas trapped inside the heads of some of the quetest people. If they could only, if they would only stand up and deliver. Oh how great the world would be!

What's wrong with Square Dancing?! :o:o:o
(and are you talking mainstream, plus, advanced or challenge? And... yes, I do know the difference.... "Hi, my name is Karen and I'm a geek that can Square Dance.")

B|

(and are you talking mainstream, plus, advanced or challenge? And... yes, I do know the difference.... "Hi, my name is Karen and I'm a geek that can Square Dance.")

B|

I went to shcool in upstate NY and to graduate you had to have passed Square Dancing. No joke! It was the best!
The idea of having it as a part of Engineering class is to bring a bit of humanity back to the engineeing students. But since there are more guys than gals (100-1...it would look like one hell of a gang bang) you would have to import some Psych girls.

The engineering guys would learn how to talk to girls and not get freaked out and the Psych girls would have great material for their papers! :ph34r:

B|

I went to shcool in upstate NY and to graduate you had to have passed Square Dancing. No joke! It was the best!
The idea of having it as a part of Engineering class is to bring a bit of humanity back to the engineeing students. But since there are more guys than gals (100-1...it would look like one hell of a gang bang) you would have to import some Psych girls.

The engineering guys would learn how to talk to girls and not get freaked out and the Psych girls would have great material for their papers! :ph34r:

You keep mentioning psych girls. I don't think you've thought about WHY they decided to go into psych.... have you? :o

B|

You keep mentioning psych girls. I don't think you've thought about WHY they decided to go into psych.... have you? :o

Because they are nuts? Oh I knew that, that's perfectly fine. After all would you expose normal girls to engineers ;)
Also who wants to date a normal girl! The crazy ones are the fun ones! :P

The crazy ones are the fun ones!

Till your car suddenly catches fire.

Man, you really are pushing some buttons here. Generalizing stereotypes to whole segments will definitely piss a lot off. Especially if you are telling them that they are failures at dating and getting laid, which is the number one topic in this forum.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

We’d be stereotyping if we said that all Middle Eastern men hate women … but we’re not saying that; 1. because it’s not true; 2. because my post would get deleted :|.

Am I the only one who picked up on the fact that the OP is an engineer himself? So, what he’s actually saying is that engineers have no game … all other engineers, except himself … of course.

O

This is definitely stereotyping. He is using a commonly known stereotype of Engineers being socially inept and having undesirable dating qualities.

Am I the only one who picked up on the fact that the OP is an engineer himself?

Are ITs officially Engineers? I seriously don't know. If they are, I find it funny that he can't help pissing people off.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln