shah269

Engineers aint got no game!

Are ITs officially Engineers?

Meh.... I'm from Canadia, where to call yourself an engineer, you actually have to be recognized by the Order of Engineers of the province. Microsoft actually had to change their certifications name in Canada since it was illegal to use the term engineer to describe them :ph34r:.

PS: I are a engineer. ;)
Remster

Well I'll find out tonight if he messed up today or not. I'm hoping for the best. Here is to hope! :)

It seems to me that since (a) he's your friend and (b) you set up the date it would have been better to give him the benefit of the doubt and wait until you hear all the facts before trashing him in a public forum, even anonymously.
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

We’d be stereotyping if we said that all Middle Eastern men hate women … but we’re not saying that; 1. because it’s not true; 2. because my post would get deleted :|.

Am I the only one who picked up on the fact that the OP is an engineer himself? So, what he’s actually saying is that engineers have no game … all other engineers, except himself … of course.

O

Yes O I am an engineer. A good one apparently, a few patents and a Six Sigma Black belt and what not and a few awards. which is all fine and good but they really don't amount to a hill of beans because all I ever do and ever did as an engineer was listen to my customer and ask him or her "So....what do you want?"

Now that said, I never wanted to be an engineer. I actually wanted to be a writer....I use to be very good! But I wanted to eat and move out of my parents house and so i decided to become an engineer. 4.5 years of engineering school and well that part of my brain that allowed me to write was removed with a rusty knife.

But thank god for my step father! He really didn't want me to be an engineer. So he made a deal with me. If I took humanities classes he would pay for my books.
Best deal I ever made! I remained some what human, capable of talking to people and I still got a good education.

As they say, se la vi. such is life.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

I sincerely doubt someone in this helmet would have any game at all. ;):);)

Under that lid lies a sexy head :-)
A sexy shaved head :-)
http://blogs.smh.com.au/lifestyle/allmenareliars/Telly%20Savalas.jpg

JUST GOT WORD....he only sent three text messages and she is not freaked out! Thank god! They may go out next week! Wooo HOOOO! I'm so happy for the guy!

Thank god I was wrong....the boy may have game! ;)
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

I sincerely doubt someone in this helmet would have any game at all. ;):);)

Under that lid lies a sexy head :-)
A sexy shaved head :-)

Get over yourself. :|
http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu103/Wockman02/attachment-134.jpg
sexy engineers!
http://www.geocities.com/vibestothemax/chill_pill.jpg

And WTF would make you think I would accept your friend request on Facebook?

Amazing.

I'm friendly to every one, you don't have to be friendly to anyone.
Pleasure speaking with you though.

Amazing.

So u gunna let im tap That?

:D:D:D

Do you know how many times I've heard that today?? You guys aren't going to let that line go, I can see it now!! 5 years from now... it's still going to be going strong!! :P
Always be kinder than you feel.

EVEY ONE be nice OK. Life sucks be happy you are healthy and intact. With or with out game OK!
Be happy you are still flying be happy you are healthy be happy you don't have to take a pain med to get some sleep tonight because your foot still hurts like hell.

Yeah yeah yeah.....engineers have no game they are introverted and prone to wearing saddles with socks, but as can be noted if properly spoken to they can and will do the right thing.

My friend did it....he over came his dorkyness....he didn't flood the girl with test messages, he didn't freak out and I for one hope it works out. They are kind of cute together.

So every one, good night sleep tight and thank who ever it is you want to thank for your health.

Amazing.

Maybe you need to get over your self!?:P

I think all y'all need to check those egos at the door.
:P:D

Check yo-self before you wreck yo-self, fool.

Word to your mother and I'm throwing some deuces...
Always be kinder than you feel.

Amazing.

Maybe you need to get over your self!?:P

I think all y'all need to check those egos at the door.
:P:D

Hush up yank!:D
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Ah ha ha!! Those accountant jokes made me laugh out loud (and that's no small feat since it's 3:38 in the morning and I'm too tired to think straight!).

Nice!!

As for Shah.. All I can say is that you should encourage your friend to be himself. If he wants to text 8 times per hour and that freaks a girl out - maybe *she* is not the right girl for him.. I normally wouldn't want a guy to text me that much, but the last guy I went out with was totally obsessed with me when we met, and I was totally obsessed with him.. We texted and emailed *many* times per day, and it was *AWSOME* :)
When the right one comes along, all that "geeky" stuff that would usually get you laughed at and ridiculed actually works - because that person likes *you*.

I say leave him be.. Doesn't sound to me like he's doing anything "wrong" - just sounds like you're judging it to be that way. It might not work for this girl, but I'm not sure he should necessarily change his approach on that basis...

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I give you exhibit A.
Angry engineering girl.
In engineering school she's the bees knees!
Why? Well 100 guys to 1 girl!
All she would have had to do in school was point at a guy and say "You! You will pick me up at 8pm sharp, you will take me to this place for dinner, you will pay for dinner and you will be happy with a hug and the understanding that I know you exist!" and you know it would work most of the time.

Get her out of school, get her into the real world....in a sea of business major women who had to work to date a decent guy due to the competition of all the other girls and well the inner anger just comes out. No longer the bees knees.....what did you expect.

Funny thing, the opposite happens to Engineering guys who graduate and go into teaching or a girl rich environment. They are the happiest guys I have ever seen!

So....stay angry. It's fun for you I'm sure but....well life is short. What's the point of being so pissed? Sure be mean to me be angry at me. There is no need to be mean to my friend.
Like I said not his fault he had bad luck, made some bad choices and got shafted by his x wife. Because that’s not mean, that’s just rude.

Shah ...

I haven't read the rest of this thread (yet), but you're my new favorite person.

Straight up.

Tell the truth ... and tell the truth to your friend as well.

I'm an engineer and had no game, or really any idea there even was game, until one my friends told me "hey, stop being a loser and read this" and handed me a book like The Game bute earlier.

Needless to say, that shit changed my life in all respects.

Overall it has nothing to do with getting laid, but all to do with self-respect and an understanding of other people .... something we engineers can't do cuz we're so caught up in our computers and formulas and what not...
This ad space for sale.

But thank god for my step father! He really didn't want me to be an engineer. So he made a deal with me. If I took humanities classes he would pay for my books.
Best deal I ever made! I remained some what human, capable of talking to people and I still got a good education.

As they say, se la vi. such is life.

I've always wanted to be an engineer or scientist... I do enjoy philosophy, history, psychology, and other humanities... but I like designing, building, fixing things... I learned how to do that better as an engineering student... but that doesn't mean that I don't have an interest in humanities... I do...

There is/was a time that Engineers/Scientists were looked up to more then they are today... in the US many kids want to grow up to be a doctor or a Lawyer but not as many want to grow up and be an engineer/scientist... and that is the type of individual that didn't necessarily invent the car... but did make it better!!!

by the way... I was doomed to be an engineer... My great Grandfather, Grandfather, and Father were all engineers... So I was genetically predisposed to being an engineer...

Scott
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

OH, and I'll admit that I don't have any "Game" in the sense that you are talking... but it isn't because I couldn't develop it... it's because I don't play "games" other then cards... I like card games... especially Hearts... although I don't recommend playing with my brother... he's a Professional Engineer (Civil) and he's really good at shooting the moon.

Scott
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...