n2skdvn

Haven't posted in a bit but I've been busy

So do the stilts pretty much protect you from anticipated future hurricanes? That dome kinda place next door is kinda interesting.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

The stilts will allow any storm surge to pass right under the house. The structure is rated for 150 mph winds. The dome house is concrete if it floods they just wash it out and replace the stuff inside.
if my calculations are correct SLINKY + ESCULATOR = EVERLASTING FUN
my site

The stilts allow the wind to get underneath easier to pick it up and blow it away. :P 150 MPH winds? I wanna see what it looks like after that. I wonder if it will be intact the next block over. :S

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

My first thought was, "man, that's a long way to carry groceries into the house!" :ph34r:

I'm happy for you that you are able to rebuild and be at home again. It must feel good!

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Awesome! Hopefully there won't be another Katrina in your lifetime, because that house will likely be toast again. How high was the storm surge? About 28 feet?

But glad to see you finally have a home again! :)

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

There was a cherry picker trimming a dead tree and i asked the operator to take the pic for me. The house is ten feet off the ground and the water on the block was almost eight feet(street is 20 ft above sea level).
my site

There was a cherry picker trimming a dead tree and i asked the operator to take the pic for me. The house is ten feet off the ground and the water on the block was almost eight feet(street is 20 ft above sea level).

Ah, perfect! Then you're good. :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

That round house looks soo cool!
Your house looks very nice as well. Will you maybe consider installing some sort of dumbwaiter system so as to get kegs into the house?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

That round house looks soo cool!
Your house looks very nice as well. Will you maybe consider installing some sort of dumbwaiter system so as to get kegs into the house?

A nice fenced in yard there, why bother? Get a full size garbage can, fill it with ice, and plop the keg in it, and have a backyard party! B|

Well with all that room under the house......yeah good idea!
But how cool would it be if the house had a slide?
So that you could slide out instead of taking the stairs? :)

Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

So true... or a fireman's pole. Or hell, set up an above-ground pool off to the side and build out a diving board off the deck! DRUNKEN CANNONBALL!!!!! :D

So true... or a fireman's pole. Or hell, set up an above-ground pool off to the side and build out a diving board off the deck! DRUNKEN CANNONBALL!!!!! :D

I rented a house on Marco Island a couple of years ago that was elevated (Cocheese knows the location of this house well - LOL).

I sat on the balcony off of the living room thinking could I make it if i tried to jump into the pool? I thought that I could but since I was alone I figured it might not be a good idea in case I missed and hit the tiles below with no one around to help me. :D:D
Always be kinder than you feel.

I rented a house on Marco Island a couple of years ago that was elevated (Cocheese knows the location of this house well - LOL).

I sat on the balcony off of the living room thinking could I make it if i tried to jump into the pool? I thought that I could but since I was alone I figured it might not be a good idea in case I missed and hit the tiles below with no one around to help me. :D:D

Yeah, rule # 1, if you think "what could possibly go wrong?"

It probably will. :D

Already have the pool table and light , gas grill, waiting on the shed to be built (can only go 10X12 ft). Wire is already ran for the speaker system. A full bar with a kegerator is in the works and I already have speakers on the balcony set up and going.B|

my site