OlympiaStoica

Weekend numbers - August 8th/9th

0:3:0

No humps ...

3 jumps yesterday ... a couple of 5-way and a 6-way ... all went to shit right out the door; very entertaining. Winds were light and variable ... all 3 landings were pretty bad B| - I am frustrated beyond belief [:/] ...

I think I may owe beer for the lowest free fall speed on a skydive - 102mph. I fall like a damn rock on my RW suit, so I wore a baggy one from the student rack. It was interesting to keep "floating up" instead of going low :ph34r: ...

O

:):10:0

Humps is for me to know....:P
8 video jumps shooting flatties..
2 free fly jumps...
“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

Not telling either way :P : 0 : 0

Family stuff trumped skydiving again Saturday and today was rainy off and on... I decided to bag the idea of skydiving early in the day and went shopping and to the movies. I did stop at the DZ on my way home, beerlight was on, but I ended up leaving to beat a storm home.

I hope it's a good week. I'd like to jump after work... :)

Always be kinder than you feel.

:P:4:0

Paid off my previous beer fines with jello shots. Limoncello lemon and midori mellon were quite tasty! Made four jumps, two of those included my dad. :) and one of them got plowed into by a drunk driver when he was leaving the DZ Saturday night on his was to the new bunk house. He and his dog are amazingly fine, but his truck was totaled B|.

I bought him a shit today that says "I'd rather burn in at 200 mph, than die in some senseless tragedy." He earned it!:S
Adrenaline is my crack

DPH #3
D.S. #16 FAG #12 Muff Brother #4406

0:5:hmm, maybe 4

So I guess 4 outa my 5 jumps were beer jumps.

First beer jump was my first jump with my new mirage container. Second beer jump was with my new lightning in my old container. 3rd beer jump was my first formation load 9 way. I was in the lead plane, flying base. chase plane had the 5 others in it. 4th beer jump was jump number 100!!!!!!!

Now a 100 jump wonder that knows it all ;) (jokes)

The Altitude above you, the runway behind you, and the fuel not in the plane are totally worthless
Dudeist Skydiver # 10

:):1:0

Just one jump - I had to stay out of the sun as much as possible because of the antibiotics I was taking.
Got sunburned anyway because I wasn't paying enough attention so I had to break off the treatment. My doctor will call me back in two hours to give me an earful, I expect.B|

Be that as it may, I'm very proud of my GF who made her :D jump on Saturday. She absolutely loved it!
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

B| : 2 : 0

Only 2 jumps, not enough fun jumpers and ran out of tandems to keep going on Sat. Dancing spiders are fun if everybody can fly :)
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" ~Samuel Clemens

MB#4300
Dudeist Skydiver #68

:)
Vicious gusty conditions all weekend. Manged one sit on Sunday and the landing was like a ragged out F-111 7-cell. No drive at all but at least I wasn't backing up.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

:):4::D

4 jumps...one A-license check out dive B|, one attempted 10-way hybrid formation load (out of the 206 and the 180). We got about 8, maybe 9 close to being in, but the hybrid never transitioned because some of the freeflyers were in the wrong slot. :D 4 of us landed off, due to a long spot/climb out. :S

:D owed for 1st paid tandem video. I also did my 1st AFF video (not paid, just practice)...a CAT A that tumbled a good 3000 feet. :o I sure was glad I was just on video and not in the middle of that funnel!!! :P

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

:):10:0
B|
Nice day jumping, 80 year old man made a tandem for his birthday, logged his 39th jump, first square canopy jump for him, all others were static line years ago!
Nice canoe trip on Sunday.
Nice weekend! B|
Can I have another one just to rest????
:D:D:D

0:12:3

Beer for:
First time flying a semi-eliptical 190.
First time in a 12 person formation dive.
First time jumping in my undearwear on the sunset load before running through an obsticle course and chugging a beer.

Good times.

~Gav
Life doesn't need reasons, just participants.

D.S.#21

0:6:1

Had a Great 300th jump 10 way round from 10,000 feet and considering we only had 5,000 to play with; with break-off being at 5,000,...not too bad. 8 outta 10 got in....

Milestones:
My 300th
my friend's 50th
my friend's 100th

:P

"If a thousand people agree on a dumb ideal, it's STILL a dumb ideal."

Skully Bro #1 - POPS# 10440

:|:12:0

7 tandems, 4 tandem videos, 1 A-license check dive. Temps were surprizingly moderate (high 80's), and getting out from underneath a drogue was a nice change of pace, especially since I had a demo Katana to play with. :)
Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

0:1:1

28th jump, was supossed to be a 6 way hybrid, ended up being a 5 way, launched an awesome 3 way base which i was a part of, got 2 of the 3 hangers in, they hung it anyways and the whole thing turned into a zoo.. got back together with one of the belly guys and turned a few points. I love my dropzone friends! so eager to take a newbie up and show her a good time!

11.0 one solo. one tandem video for giggles. and I videoed pete rock the skyboard on the other 9. yes virginia skysurfing IS alive and well in cullman alabama. good times people good timesB|

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .