guppie01

Reporting stuff to the moderators

So, I got a lil giggle to see how quickly Quade & Mama jumped into the Bonfire to Nick's thread.

I thought to myself.... hmmmm I wonder who alerted the mods to that.... and then thought I don't think I've ever bothered the mods with anything even after several heated threads and PA's... figure I'm a big girl and should either SIU or get out of the fire...

So, how many times a day or week to you fire off messages to the mods????

c`mon fess up!

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

No one told me. I just came online after my workout and before cooking dinner to check up things. My kids complain that they can't get away with much either. :P

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Maybe there are undercover mods :).

LOL Well, there are a few I would suspect that would certainly get a kick outta raining on someone!

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
OMG, is she okay?

So, I got a lil giggle to see how quickly Quade & Mama jumped into the Bonfire to Nick's thread.

I thought to myself.... hmmmm I wonder who alerted the mods to that.... and then thought I don't think I've ever bothered the mods with anything even after several heated threads and PA's... figure I'm a big girl and should either SIU or get out of the fire...

c`mon fess up!

g

I think it was the title that might have caught their attention ;) certainly caught mine.

Jon

c`mon fess up!

g

Umm ... never - is that an option? are we supposed to?

O

Supposed to.... not really. Able to, yes. :ph34r:

g
OMG, is she okay?

Never here but there was a travel site I used to contribute to pretty regularly. The owner really didn't like the idea of a moderated forum and discussions could get out of hand fast. At one point, things got particularly ugly and I got caught in the crossfire. There were some really nasty posts directed at me and I had to contact him and ask him to remove them. (I like to think I have a pretty thick skin but this stuff was disgusting!) He did, then asked me to moderate the forum for him! I agreed to do it because I thought it was a really good site that gave out great information to people visiting that particular area, but a few knuckleheads were ruining it. He gave me magic "delete" powers and it was completely anonymous and at my discretion. (Drove a few people crazy to see their posts vanish but I tried not to go overboard with it.) I only did it for few months. The site started getting spammed pretty regularly and it was too much for me to keep up with on top of the idiots! He finally had to give in and require registration and log ons for everyone. Now the forum is more heavily moderated than ever! Every single entry is screened before it gets posted now, so the idiots have to play nice (or at least a little nicer) if they want to stay.

I am with you as far as not needing "protection".

I have never pm'd a mod for any such thing (and I have been here since the beginning), but there have been at least two threads which were "recycled" before I could even wake up to read what the offender said about me. :D

There was this one thread about sky-kisses. No idea what caused the breakup--I was sleeping like a baby. Clearly I pissed some ladies off. :)
Still, the only time I pm'd a mod (The legendary 'mama herself) was this one time--if I am not mistaken it was because--I got a "warning". I don't like being "warned". I am a pretty obedient cat, but do not test my reflex, mouse.

But, Andrea was right and not playing favorites as I had suspected.

So, respect your elders, people. ;):P;)

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

there have been at least two threads which were "recycled" before I could even wake up to read what the offender said about me. ***

I hate that!!! >:(

been a while since I pissed someone off enough to toss serious insults or threats at me, but doggone it, they went to the trouble to write the childish shit, wouldnt be polite to not read it :P

Roy

They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

No, like you im not a little bitch that has to go cry to momma everytime someone hurts my feeling. I'm a big boy that can take care of myself. I have been told on before to a mod thought:S. Some people are just cry baby's![:/]
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

I got a "warning".

To my recollection, I have had one. But, speaking of which, where is Amazon (Jeanne)? Have I missed something? She always lavished in her warnings.

Now that you mention it...... it has been really quit and calm around here lately:o:D:D:D:D:D:D:ph34r::ph34r:

I'll confess.

I've brought things to their attention.

Agreed - we're all adults. this is the internets. I'm a "big girl."

HOWEVER... that should not give someone an excuse to attack others. When I have no power, I ask those that do to review said insults or attacks and decide whether such comments are appropriate or need to be moderated. Remember... this is a moderated site. As such, when someone is not playing nice, they should kinda expect to be moderated.

So... yup. I have pm'ed the mods (about insults, about inappropriate links, about inappropriate "jokes")

No, like you im not a little bitch that has to go cry to momma everytime ..... [:/]

She might be little, but she's not a bitch .... much ... ;););)

Love you guppie .... :)
'Shell

No, like you im not a little bitch that has to go cry to momma everytime ..... [:/]

I never said she was;) Try reading it again:P

I never said she was;) Try reading it again:P

Try reading MINE again .... :P:P:P

Love you too, JD ... ;)
'Shell

I actually appreciate getting pm's from people asking me to take a look at something. That way, I'm able to take care of the post immediately instead of taking more time to clean things up later once more posts have been made. It's not tattling, it's helping us out!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I'm with Karen -- I've PM'd when I've seen stuff going on that just ain't right. I haven't been abused myself (well, except for one quickly-banned guy who called me a liberal bitch :ph34r: along with messing with Sangiro :o). I wouldn't PM about something against me anyway, it's just an internet forum.

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

i like it when people here get snarky with me in the forums, especially because it gives me an on line reality check if i get out of line or rub certain people the wrong way...how else you gonna know if yer being a prick or not? feedback is good, even bad feedback. So just lettin yall know if you have a problem with me....let the finger freefly:)(yeah Cocheese I got the message);)

The only time I gave a tip to a mod was when someone accidentally exposed themselves to online fraud without knowing it....and this person prolly thought we were at odds. I try to like everyone here.... I know that sounds sappy:P too bad.

Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

Maybe there are undercover mods :).

LOL Well, there are a few I would suspect that would certainly get a kick outta raining on someone!

g

Watch your tongue littleone.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun