murrays

What's Your Favorite Podcast?

Since Apple released iTunes 4.9 a week or so ago I've checked out a number of the 4,000 podcasts available through iTunes. My favourite so far is CBC Radio 3, a podcast that features new Canadian music. I find it a refreshing change from the usual radio fare.

(Podcasts are mp3 files of radio shows that you download and listen to at your leisure...like Tivo for radio in some respects. iTunes 4.9 makes it easy to subscribe to your favorite shows and will automatically download the latest show for you to listen to when it suits you.)

iTunes 4.9 is a free download for Windows and Mac.

What is your favorite Podcast? Music, news, whatever!!
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

I've been listening to This Week In Tech, hosted by a bunch of the old TechTV guys who got fired when they merged with G4. Also, WFMU in New York releases all of their shows as podcasts, so I've started snagging those instead of listening to the live webcast. NPR is starting to get their act together. Science Friday is available as a podcast, but dammit, I want This American Life and Car Talk.

Oh yeah, and Diggnation. They are only on episode two, but it's been entertaining so far.

Since Apple released iTunes 4.9 a week or so ago I've checked out a number of the 4,000 podcasts available through iTunes. My favourite so far is CBC Radio 3, a podcast that features new Canadian music. I find it a refreshing change from the usual radio fare.

(Podcasts are mp3 files of radio shows that you download and listen to at your leisure...like Tivo for radio in some respects. iTunes 4.9 makes it easy to subscribe to your favorite shows and will automatically download the latest show for you to listen to when it suits you.)

iTunes 4.9 is a free download for Windows and Mac.

What is your favorite Podcast? Music, news, whatever!!

"Battlestar Galactica" producer Ronald D. Moore has made a series of "director's commentary" podcasts to accompany episodes of his show. Very entertaining, and an an informative way of re-watching an episode.

Ron Moore's podcasts here, new episodes are next Friday.

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

So how about now? This thread is from a couple yeas ago, but I have a feeling there are a whole lot more people out there listening to podcasts now than there were a couple years ago.

I'm looking for new suggestions! So far I just have skydive radio and the Lex and Terry morning show.

What subscriptions do you have?
Killing threads since 2004.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I've seen several of these on itunes and have downloaded an episode or two of most of them to check 'em out.

The one I forgot to mention was This American Life from NPR. I haven't heard that show in years, and haven't actually listened to one of the podcasts yet, but I used to enjoy it when I lived in a place where NPR carried it.
Killing threads since 2004.

Technology:

This Week in Tech
Windows Weekly

Aviation:

Aero-News
AvWeb Podcast
Fly with Me
Airspeed
Uncontrolled Airspace
Pilotcast

Talk:

A World of Possibilities
Open Source
Digital Flotsam

Video Podcasts:

Tiki Bar TV
As a Ninja
Skydivergirls
French Maid TV :)

Can you tell I have a lot of time on my hands :S

Skydive Radio

http://www.thenakedscientists.com/HTML/podcasts/

This is great, cutting edge science presented in a way that normal people like me can understand, plus I love their brit accents. And it makes me laugh.

:)
Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?