OlympiaStoica

Weekend numbers - August 15th/16th

0:11::D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I was feeling reluctant about returning to the DZ where it all started, but it turned out to be one of my most memorable skydiving weekends ever ... full of firsts.

1st helicopter jump
1st 3-way head down
1st 4-way head down
1st 6-way head down
Fastest freefall speed on a jump - 240mph
1st zero wind, stand up landing, on the new canopy I jumped all weekend - Pilot 188
Broke 2 hours of freefall
First skydiving weekend when I wasn't on my belly, not even once - freefly the whole time
Lowest pull ... 2200 feet ... to avoid colision with someone opening right below me just as I was about to dump (I tracked the hell out of there)

I'm exhausted ... and happy. I made a few new friends that made my weekend incredible!!!

O

0:5:0

Practiced sit flying on a couple jumps now that I've got FF friendly rig and did a couple of awesome 4-way chick jumps. We've dubbed ourselves team 4SJV. Bonus points if you can figure out what it means.:P

Adrenaline is my crack

DPH #3
D.S. #16 FAG #12 Muff Brother #4406

0:2:0

FJC on friday, AFF 1 and 2 on saturday. Everything went fine, I was extremely focused on what I had to do, and didn't have much time to think about fear :)I didn't jump on sunday, because I had terrible muscle pain on my back [:/] I guess I practiced way too many times on the ground :)

"One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching."

Dudeist Skydiver #101

Yeah man! Finally ;)
Welcome to the skies. We told ya it was fun, didn't we?

---
:) : 3 : 3

Dropped four loads of students, returned with the plane once.

My left brake popped upon opening - that Storm turns FAST. I looked up fully expecting a spinning mal and having to do a cutaway, but I saw at a glance the canopy was square and the lines weren't twisted. I countered the spin with my left rear riser, realised it must be the brake, popped the toggles and was in control at 2500 feet.

:D Was checked out as JM/SL
:D Dropped my first load of students without supervision
:D First jump with my GF
Edit: actually there's two more :D but that's not my story to tell.:P

"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

>:(:8:0

I saw a jumper with about 150 jumps (a jumper that I trained when he was on AFF) Land while "dragging toe." I was quite proud. I must remember to set a good example, because students & young jumpers try to be like their instructors.

Very good Charlie. Just remember to start the landing from the PLF position.
Skymama stalker #69!!!!

0:0:0

Zip, zero, nadda

Had a buddy use my rig this weekend after his was stolen, so he could compete in the FSL with his team ... and they did well for a bunch of rookies :)
http://www.skyleague.com/pages/teams/showTeam.php?team=2264

No "jumping" makes me feel uncurrent :|

Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there.

Nunya:13:2

:D owed for first jump at Skydive Pepperell, and first jump on my brand-new PD Pulse. Great boogie!

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Practiced sit flying on a couple jumps now that I've got FF friendly rig and did a couple of awesome 4-way chick jumps. We've dubbed ourselves team 4SJV. Bonus points if you can figure out what it means.:P

4 Silly Jumping Virgins???
Why would anyone jump out of a perfectly good airplane? Cause the door was open!

:)
Saturday crapped out by weather

Sunday 3 weather holds but got a FF, an abort to altitude by clouds and out for H&P at 3800, and a coach jump for dive n dock in the afternoon.

Interesting thing with my coach jump. A 40 jump A licensed guy from Cali showed up and wanted to rent a rig. I wanted to put my student on the NAV 220 but the visiting guy had it. So I asked him what he usually jumped and he said a 170. Great, if you want you can jump my Sabre 170 rig and save a rental fee and my student wont have to go out on a 260. So we all go jump and the A guy has a good jump and then leaves; leaving my rig unpacked on the floor. WTF?

I ask and someone says he has an A license and his yellow card said, "Must learn to pack as required". WTF??? So you get an A without being signed off on packing?

I don't mind paying it forward or saving a guy 15.00 on the rental fee by jumping one of my rigs but at least pay the 6 bucks to have a packer pack it like you got it.

Am I wrong here or should I just send an invoice to the DZ that signed his A card like that?
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

:)

3 jumps on Saturday. Probably owe a bit of beer for the jumps on Saturday but I don't know for sure what the assessment is yet!
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

4 Silly Jumping Virgins???

Not quite, but you got the J correct.
Adrenaline is my crack

DPH #3
D.S. #16 FAG #12 Muff Brother #4406