pchapman

Green light ... "Go! Go! Go!" ... just venting

So there I was a couple weeks ago, a friend and I are in the door of the Caravan. The door is open, the green light goes on, and I keep looking around, looking out the door from time to time to check the spot.

A bunch of others in the plane start shouting "Green light! Go! Go!" and stuff like that.

The silly thing is, we couldn't hose their spot even if we tried. We were the only two getting out on the low pass; everyone else was going high. Our spot had nothing to do with theirs!

Let me figure out a decent spot, then they can keep rocketing up in the 900hp modified Caravan.

Maybe the others didn't realize we needed a bit longer spot because the winds were up and we were jumping Paracommander or similar canopies. You'd think the belly mount reserves might have clued them in that we probably weren't going swooping...

This reminds me why I enjoy wingsuiting ...

+1

To The Go Go Go idiots :- Who let the morons into OUR sport?... It's not your turn to exit so you DON'T have a say.. none, zip, fuck all, So Shut the fuck up.>:(

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

To The Go Go Go idiots :- Who let the morons into OUR sport?... It's not your turn to exit so you DON'T have a say.. none, zip, fuck all, So Shut the fuck up.>:(

well said.
Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

The irony of it is that many of those "go go go" peeps have no clue how to spot. That's why they panic. :P

The other side of the coin is multiple sticks on one pass. The door opens, and the first group waits for the perfect spot before climbing out. Sorry bub, if you want the perfect spot, be the 3rd or 4th out. That's life in the big planes.:)

The jumper is the one who determines when to go or not. When I get the green light I first look down and around to see if there is any air traffic. Then I go if I think its appropriate. I am also a jump pilot and respect any jumpers decision even if it mean a go-around. Nobody like delays but safety is the main issue.
You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime

>Why would I be the one yelling "GO!"?

Just to give people shit! Giving people shit is often a high priority on the 14th 8-way training jump of the day.

Sounds like fun but I can't risk them taking me seriously and leaving early making my spot closer ... I say check and double check your spot! :P
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Perhaps if you people stopped being so selfish in the doorway then you wouldn't need to worry about being yelled at.

The green light is there for a reason. When it comes on, you go. If you dont go, prepare to be yelled at, and for good reason.

Its amazing how many people in this sport blame others for their own faults.

Perhaps if you people stopped being so selfish in the doorway then you wouldn't need to worry about being yelled at.

The green light is there for a reason. When it comes on, you go. If you dont go, prepare to be yelled at, and for good reason.

Good to see you back. ;)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Green does not mean GO, it means Go if its safe to do so.

No, green means go. It does not mean anything else. Period.

Perhaps being the braniac that you are you should recommend a red light, yellow light, green light system. That way at least you pussies who dont go on green can have your moment of pause when the yellow light is on.

Red means dont go. Green means go. It really isnt that hard to understand now is it?

Funny, funny, funny...it would be nice if you could stick around for a while instead of a post every month or two.

>No, green means go. It does not mean anything else. Period.

Exactly. People who can spot themselves, and/or can exercise good judgment when it comes to exit decisions, have no place in jump ships. For these people we recommend bowling.

>Red means dont go. Green means go. It really isnt that hard to
>understand now is it?

Only two lights? Then what would you do when both are off? How will people know when to open or close the door, or put their helmets on? Surely your DZ does not have such a dangerous and confusing system!

Green does not mean GO, it means Go if its safe to do so.

No, green means go. It does not mean anything else. Period.

Perhaps being the braniac that you are you should recommend a red light, yellow light, green light system. That way at least you pussies who dont go on green can have your moment of pause when the yellow light is on.

Red means dont go. Green means go. It really isnt that hard to understand now is it?

But, but, but, Funks, I'm color-blind...if people didn't yell at me to "get out" I'd never know when to jump

Ask if the toplight is red, and the bottomlight green, or the other way around. Then act accordingly. Color blindness should in no way hamper your attemps to participate. There are solutions! :P

"Whoever in discussion adduces authority uses not intellect but memory." - Leonardo da Vinci
A thousand words...

>No, green means go. It does not mean anything else. Period.

Exactly. People who can spot themselves, and/or can exercise good judgment when it comes to exit decisions, have no place in jump ships. For these people we recommend bowling.

2nd smartest thing to come out of your mouth, of course the smartest thing to come out of your mouth would be the penis of that very intelligent man you are rumored to be dating.