agentsmith413

skydiver jumping with no goggles? wtf?

is it just me or does this skydiver not have any goggles on?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL-ghG7qXro&feature=related

edited to remove the "student" assumption
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!

is it just me or does this student not have any goggles on?

Just cause hes wearin a pro-tec, doesnt mean hes a student.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

ok ok people i jumped to conclusions about him being a student... throw me a freaking bone:P

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!

no doubt dude, thats some funny shit... i was gonna say the same thing.. hanging a mr bill off of a student to teach canopy control thats extreme:D

sucks how bad that went..could of been worse though. I about died laughing when the dude just finaly layed down and grabbed his ankle:D

if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

I thought that was very nice of him too... or he didnt have a hook knife...

you know that shit had to hurt like crazy under a spinning malfunction hanging from your ankle on some suspension line...dude was like he was delirious once he landedB|:D

if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

Just cause hes wearin a pro-tec (and has a ripcord deployment), doesnt mean hes a student.

was it JohnRich ? :P

What do you mean ripcord?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Is that not unlike discussing the color of the Titanic as it was sinking? What relevance do goggles or lack of them have in the video? I miss your point.
Take care,
space

Just cause hes wearin a pro-tec (and has a ripcord deployment), doesnt mean hes a student.

was it JohnRich ? :P

What do you mean ripcord?
spring loaded pilot chute :|
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Is that not unlike discussing the color of the Titanic as it was sinking? What relevance do goggles or lack of them have in the video? I miss your point.
Take care,
space

Eh just thought it was strange really... Guess as a student myself i've just always worn goggles no matter what. Guess i have a lot to learn haha

Local jumper out at Perris, Mike Muscat never wears goggles. He just doesnt need them he says.

Yeah but he's an old salty crwdog. That and his eyebrows block the wind from his eyes. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I think that the Mr. Bill in the video went rather well: he got the canopy off his foot and everything.

I know people who have done them, and the description I get is usually "scary!". The internet is full of videos of them going wrong, and this forum is full of horror stories about them. They can go wrong in so many ways.

Probably a good idea to avoid them if you'd rather not have line burns around your feet, bones broken or equipment ruined.
Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?