nigel99

Nice F16 photo

Im pretty sure that plane isnt nearly as low as it looks. I think its an effect of using a very long lens. Even in Iraq I cant imagine the hard deck is 30 feet ; p

My first thought was that he just took off and started a left turn. Looks like that may be runway markers below. Also, it looks like the photographer is somewhat elevated above ground level that is visible in the photo.

Im pretty sure that plane isnt nearly as low as it looks. I think its an effect of using a very long lens. Even in Iraq I cant imagine the hard deck is 30 feet ; p

My first thought was that he just took off and started a left turn. Looks like that may be runway markers below. Also, it looks like the photographer is somewhat elevated above ground level that is visible in the photo.

That's what it looks like to me.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

Nah... Photoshop

I thought so too. But I could be wrong. . .

1) How soon after takeoff would you retract landing gear? Are the gear actuators/motors fast enough to bring the gear in and close wheel wells before the aircraft clears the light trees at the end of the runway?

2) What would the purpose of Sidewinders be in
Afghanistan? Does the Taliban have aircraft? Those are exclusively air intercept missiles.

But, I see slight flaps deployed and a heat trail behind the exhaust that are wide open (usually that wide open because afterburners are open) so maybe it was doing a buzz over the lengh of the runway. And what rules say that you can't have sidewinders over there? For all I know, it could have been ferried over from it's country of origin. So, I don't know.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7ZzGzoX5U8

Same location? No special lenses being used here!!!!

I don't know about location - but it could be it may even be the same flight as the shiny bald head at 20-24 seconds looks remarkably like my mate and he is holding a camera.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Looks like it have two AIM-9 Lima missiles at station 1 and 9, and two GBU-10 bombs at station 3 and 7.

Are you sure it's not a BFG 9000 Nutbuster at Station 13:P

Nice pic OP;)

hmm, station 13.... right.....
That's where we tell te new guys to put up missiles;)
"flying" is the most reasonable thing I ever done

christelsabine: I have been back seat passenger four times :P

Up there?

When, where ... (and why you and not me) ?

;)

I am working on F-16 every day. I'm a Weapon system dude. My job is to put on small cute missiles and small fire crackers (bomb) for the bad guys to takeB|

All four times was back home at practice missions. last time was 2 months ago
"flying" is the most reasonable thing I ever done