Viking

Pack Volume Differences between Two reserves

according to paragear the Dash M 181 and the Raven II 218 have almost identical pack volumes. Does anyone know if these two reserve will pack in the same space.

I ask b/c the Raven II will be alot cheaper for me to find used and the rig i just ordered is sized for the Dash M.

Should i just call the Mfc and ask them to make it fo rthe Raven II?
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Never trust the published pack volume specs for any canopy. On a hot day they pack differently then on a cold day. Differences between fabric lots can make a difference even in the same make and size of canopy.

You really should have the reserve canopy in hand or at least know the one you are putting in a container before you order it.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

according to paragear the Dash M 181 and the Raven II 218 have almost identical pack volumes. Does anyone know if these two reserve will pack in the same space.

I ask b/c the Raven II will be alot cheaper for me to find used and the rig i just ordered is sized for the Dash M.

Should i just call the Mfc and ask them to make it fo rthe Raven II?

I've got a Raven IIg in one of my rigs. It packs up nicely and I've got one ride on it... it flies and landed me nice (stood up) on that one ride thus far. I've packed Dash-Ms and they pack nice too.

What container specifically... mfgr & size... are you looking to put either into?? Without knowing specifically though (e.g. my answer may change if / when you answer that question), my first blush is that your rigger (or you if you are a rigger) will be able to get a Raven IIg into a container that will take a Dash-M 181 (for example, what might change that answer were if you've chosen a container size that the mfgr says the biggest thing that will go in it is a Dash-M 181).

Here's something better you may wish to try... instead of relying on us here to answer... why don't you also call up Precision (http://www.precision.aero/about-precision.htm General Telephone: 423-949-4688), ask to speak to one of their riggers, tell them what container... mfgr & size... you've ordered, and ask them if a Dash-M 181 and/or Raven II will fit... if you do, I'd be currious to see what they say.