downwardspiral

Hit and run

Some old man jumped the curb for no apparent reason and nailed a truck parked in the parking lot at my work. He rear ended the truck and didn't get off the gas until he pushed the truck far enough so he could rake the entire side of the truck with the side of his car and nearly rear ending my car. Ran out to check if he was ok. Fortunately he was ok and at this point all we are looking at is two damaged vehicles. Then the dumbass jumps back in his car and drives off while I'm staring at his license plate with a pen in my hand.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

That's way more common then people realize. A lot of people out there run from a traffic collision for various reasons. Namely they don't have insurance, don't have a license, have warrants or are drunk. Those are the typical reasons I've encountered. Due to this, I carry specific coverage on my car and motorcycle insurance that covers such an incident.

Honestly, it really comes down to worthless people who are unable to take responsibility for their actions.

Did you get the LP and give it to the victim? If your state has insurance information tied to the registration information, then the victim may be able to get in contact with the suspect's insurance company. (Even if there isn't enough to file criminal charges).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Yep. Called the cops and reported it and my boss jumped in his car and followed the perp to his place of residence a couple blocks away.

The man was 85.

Good! I don't care if you're 105 and are transporting Hopey-McChangey's unicorn to the rainbow factory, there is no excuse for not stopping and taking care of your business.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Yep. Called the cops and reported it and my boss jumped in his car and followed the perp to his place of residence a couple blocks away.

The man was 85.

Good! I don't care if you're 105 and are transporting Hopey-McChangey's unicorn to the rainbow factory, there is no excuse for not stopping and taking care of your business.

LOL Ok how many times have you used that expression with someone you stopped?
www.FourWheelerHB.com

HA! I wish...that would get me in trouble. Just like the following:

"Yup its a quota, you're right and with this ticket I win a free toaster get to keep my job for another month..."

Fixed it fot you:P:D
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

I hate to admit this but I thought for sure this was going to be about a booty call. :P

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

There was a DZ around somewhere that offered a 'private' flight in their decked out KingAir, it will fly around with just you and your SO in the back for a few hours.

I joked with a guy that worked there and said they should modify it, give them an hour or so then flip the door light on, let the guy (or woman) get geared up and exit on green, leaving their date high and dry on a plane... and that it should be called a 'Hump and Jump'

Never heard back from the guys about that idea... Makes sense to me!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Some old man jumped the curb for no apparent reason and nailed a truck parked in the parking lot at my work.

This happened a couple of years back now while I was still racing ... at least you had an expectation that the POLICE will actually do something about it rather then look for excuses for the "poor old guy" >:(

Car slams into 20 cyclists
Three of the 13 hospitalized are reported in serious condition. No charges have been filed.

http://www.futurelooks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6295
Scroll down on the page ....

http://www.sptimes.com/2003/07/07/Southpinellas/Car_slams_into_20_cyc.shtml

The driver, Joseph D. Pastore, 60, of Pinellas Park, told police he was trying to pass another car when he plowed into the line of bikes. Police are investigating whether Pastore, who carried a cane and has disability license plates, was impaired or suffered from a medical condition.

Pastore, who was released from Ed White Hospital after the crash, declined to speak to reporters. No charges were filed , though an investigation continues.

Two of Pastore's neighbors said he passed out in his car Friday. Neighbor Stephenie Payne said she was pulling out of her driveway and saw him.

~snip ~

The crash occurred about 8:40 a.m. on 30th Avenue N just west of 53rd Street, a thin ribbon of residential street.

The 30 to 40 cyclists, many with the St. Petersburg Bike Club or the St. Pete Mad Dog Triathlon Club http://www.stpetemaddogs.com/ , were pedaling west. They had met at the main library about 10 minutes earlier and were on a trip that takes them to Clearwater Beach and back through the island cities. Most were going less than 20 mph.

~snip~

Witnesses said the eastbound Continental veered toward the cyclists, cutting into the group head-on about halfway through their ranks, then dispatching the cyclists like dominoes.

"There's no way he could not have seen us," Ryder said. "He went to pass, he accelerated and he never slowed down."

While cyclists were tumbled and tossed, the car sheared through their bikes, swallowing them underneath and snapping them in pieces.

~snip~

Pastore told police he tried to pass another car, even though he was traveling in a no-pass zone. Police want to find the other motorist, who was driving an older-model, light-colored, foreign-made car. That motorist is not facing charges, police said.
99% of the people on this earth are sheep ... dare to be different

Wow what a terrible incident. Why were there no charges filed?

Honestly I don't know what to expect when it comes to how the police handle the hit and run I witnessed. I would hope they charge the man since at 85 years old he should know better than most. But hey...I did my part and now it's out of my hands.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

The man was 85.

ROFLMAO!...dam that's funny! :D:D:D
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

The man was 85.

My grandfather is 90 and was chairman/representative for an retirement home, he refuses to drive as he said the saddest thing was having to remove driving priveledges from people who were to old to drive safely. In his opinion you should stop by 80 because you become a hazard after that.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.