MNM604

Kurupee Free Fly Suits

We (Girlfriend and I) are looking for input on kurupee free fly suits. They seem to be a good value, but we were hoping to get feedback from anyone with information on the suits (good and bad) and whether or not we should buy from them. Thanks.

My guess is that your going to get some bad. My experience with them is good though. I would say buy from them...I did and I love my suit! Its solid, nice material, and comfortable. They make an awesome suit for an awesome price in my opinion.

--I don't even know enough to know that I dont know--

I bought mine a few years ago. Quality is fine, but it got held up in customs forever (not Kurupee's fault). Lately, though, their reputation has taken a beating. When I need a new suit I'll probably go with a domestic dealer.

I just got a suit from them. The quality and build of the suit looks real good. The only thing I would complain about is delivery time. When they first sent me the suit it was 2 weeks after they said it would be ready. I had to send it back because it didn't fit (could have been my fault as I did the measuring myself). It took them 2 months to get it back to me. They resized it without charge and now it fits. Delivery time wasn't a factor for me because I was recovering from an injury. I really like the suit though and it looks like it will last for quite a while.

B Moore

'Turbulence is a bitch'

I sent 1 set of measurements and got back 3 vastly different sized suits. Go figure.

1 suit was retired after it started to fall appart at 100 jumps. 1 suit had £30 spent on it at a tailor to get it to fit right and is currently looking at retirement/major repair works after only 100 jumps because it too has started to fall appart. And the last 1 was sized so badly that I spent £20 on it at a tailor to make it into a set of FF pants... I've yet to even jump these though.

Overall not bad, but you do get what you pay for. Some stitching is needing repair, but all in all I'm pretty happy with the suit I bought.

Would I buy another one? Probably not, I'd go back to FMC or get an Ouragan (sp?) if I had the money.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Don't buy 'em.

Check out the Gear section here at DZ.com and read the reviews...

Search the forums...

I had my own horrible experience. What a waste of time and $$. Wish I would've just ponied up for something else.

Nuff said.
Does whisky count as beer? - Homer
There's no justice like angry mob justice. - Skinner
Be careful. There's a limited future in low pulls - JohnMitchell

They're a nice, if cheap, suit. They usually deliver them pretty quickly. Some people have had problems with sizing / quality, but Kurupee seems to have handled the problems when contacted about it.

It really comes down to "what do you want" out of your suit.

If you want a high quality suit that'll last you 500 jumps with very good support, buy something else. If you just want a suit that'll last maybe 200 jumps and is cheap enough that you won't care if you rip it apart on your 3rd jump on it, Kurupee is a good option.