turtlespeed

Send thoughts and vibes and prayers to Perris

Well that's maddeningly vague. Want to give us a little more to go on?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Well that's maddeningly vague. Want to give us a little more to go on?

I'm not one to post that kind of thing - and I don't want to get branded as a false info spreader.

I know there was at LEAST a hard landing -
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

From Jenni's FB Wall......

"Friends --This update was on Mike's FB (Jeni's dear hubby) after it was posted by a friend for him. Thought that those of you who might not have seen it would like to see the note.

"I just talked talked to Mike and he asked me to post ...this update". (Jeni has a broken pelvis and a fractured vertebrate (C4), but she apparently has no brain injury and she has mobility in her feet and legs. She has a partially collapsed lung and a bruised liver, but otherwise she is ok. I know she'll have a painful recovery, but all in all, it looks like she lucked out. Praise God.)"

Hugs and Good Vibes from the North Country, Jen and Mike

Major Dad
CSPA D-579

Good luck on a speedy recovery.

How did she end up with a two-out? I don't know if this is the right place to discuss it but there's nothing in the incidents forum yet.

Spinning mal, for some reason she couldn't cut away, and pulled the reserve just to get more nylon over her head, as CRWdogs are taught to do, but the reserve didn't have enough time to inflate. This is 2nd hand info.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Spinning mal, for some reason she couldn't cut away, and pulled the reserve just to get more nylon over her head, as CRWdogs are taught to do...

Under those circumstances, you don't need to be a CReW Dog for that to be the right answer.

Remember - at some point, doing anything is better than doing nothing.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Spinning mal, for some reason she couldn't cut away, and pulled the reserve just to get more nylon over her head, as CRWdogs are taught to do...

Under those circumstances, you don't need to be a CReW Dog for that to be the right answer.

Like I tell my students: "If you impact with handles still on your harness, I will piss in your crater!"

All true, but fact is Jeni is a CRW dog as well. Might have given her an extra edge. So glad she'll be okay, Perris has had enough this week just losing Eli.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Fuck. What's to say. I'm sorry to hear that Jeni got hurt and my best goes out to her and Mike.

I learned (the hard way) a long time ago that in this sport, if you're around long enough, you're going to see friends hurt; sometimes badly, or worse, but sometimes it just really gets old. :(

I ran across the attached photo of a bunch of us on the Otter up at Cal City years back. Y'all can clearly see Jeni in there and Mike too, behind Philly on the left... back in the day before they moved on to concentrate on CRW.

Girl's got bigger stones than I'll ever have. Hope she recovers quickly. If anyone has an addr to send cards or flowers, please pass it on.

fwd: Broken pelvis, collapsed lung, being given blood. she will be ok.

As we see so often in skydiving accidents, "OK" simply means, "Not Dead". Jeni has lots of serious injuries and will need plenty of time, prayers, and good vibes to recover.

Best thoughts to her and Mike.

Kevin K.