JohnMitchell

Guitar Hero Skydiving Video

Luke Aikens was down in Davis the other weekend and shot this footage. Looks like a lot of fun, a lot of nice flying. Check it out. B|

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCk5csJpkJw

I don't know if they are going to use it on TV or not. I sure would like all the gamers to see how much fun skydiving is. Maybe they'd put down the controls and come make a jump.:D

Luke Aikens was down in Davis the other weekend and shot this footage. Looks like a lot of fun, a lot of nice flying. Check it out. B|

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCk5csJpkJw

I don't know if they are going to use it on TV or not. I sure would like all the gamers to see how much fun skydiving is. Maybe they'd put down the controls and come make a jump.:D

Wii has a skydiver game out and it is totally stupid. I played it in the store yesterday while you were getting the tire changed on the car and it held my attention for about 5 minutes before I was done with it. I felt really bad about taking it away from that little kid that was originally playing it after that. He probably would have had more fun with it. :D:D:D

***The info I got on the guitar Hero add was that if it got enough hits on You Tube it might make it to TV. So everyone click!! B|

You wrestled a kid away from the Wii skydive game? LOL

So what do you have to do Pull?
After that...what? is there a 2nd controller so you can steer:S

Well, I didn't exactly wrestle it away from the kids. But I sat there and glared at him until he felt sufficiently intimidated to ask me politely if I wanted to try it. I'm a mother. I have THAT look ya know. ;)B|

The game gives you a several minutes long freefall in which you have to "hook up" with other "skydivers" that are just floating there in the air. So you had to move your controller in the correct position to make your person on the screen fly over to them and tag them. Then it took pictures of you in the formation and if you were in good form it gave you extra points. Then when your time runs out it will automatically pull your parachute for you. Then it's done.

I probably should have left the kid alone and went out and helped John change the tire on the car in retrospect. The game was lame. We were coming home from the West Plains EOS boogie and got a flat. Stopped at WalMart to get a new tire before continuing home. :D:D

Any REAL gamer is too fat to skydive, anyway.:D

"No, I can't put the harness on you while you sit on the couch. You'll have to stand up for that.":P

I have B-12's on the leg straps, I guess I can charge gamers a premium, that is if they can lift one leg at a time! :P
Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.
--- The Dude ---

Any REAL gamer is too fat to skydive, anyway.:D

"No, I can't put the harness on you while you sit on the couch. You'll have to stand up for that.":P

I have B-12's on the leg straps, I guess I can charge gamers a premium, that is if they can lift one leg at a time! :P
Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.
--- The Dude ---

It was fun to watch, but they shot it in Byron.

I would like to see that get on TV, they worked pretty hard for it!

Thanks for the correction. I had forgotten exactly where Luke said it was. I've never had the pleasure of jumping either DZ yet.

I'd love to see that on TV. I think it really conveys the fun we have skydiving. :)