Tink1717

What is it?

OK all you biology/entomology people, what kind of spider has taken up residence in our old packing area at skydive Delmarva? This "little" guy is about 4" across. Cool, but it's scaring the whuffos.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

OK all you biology/entomology people, what kind of spider has taken up residence in our old packing area at skydive Delmarva? This "little" guy is about 4" across. Cool, but it's scaring the whuffos.

banana spider (probably different names in different places) or other type of orb weaver.

banana spider (probably different names in different places) or other type of orb weaver.

Yep, Banana spider. Harmless but, try walking into one while out hiking. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! :o

and i'm not even afraid of spiders.
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" ~Samuel Clemens

MB#4300
Dudeist Skydiver #68

HOLY FUCK!! :o

Wheres the note to self thread???? This girl is not going anywhere NEAR Skydive Delmarva!

That's up to you, but I bet the mosquito problem at Delmarva has been solved.:D
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

HOLY FUCK!! :o

Wheres the note to self thread???? This girl is not going anywhere NEAR Skydive Delmarva!

That's up to you, but I bet the mosquito problem at Delmarva has been solved.:D

Ill take mosquito bites any day over THAT thing!
I am "ROGUE" (III Degree Smutsketeer)
Official "poster above you" thread starter

"And don't forget we like men with balls and no needle dicks. So, basically, you're out." ~LuckyMcSwervy

ep, Banana spider. Harmless but, try walking into one while out hiking. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Shocked

I am and walking into those guys ANYWHERE results in a complete "twisting the F off freak out!"
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Yep, Banana spider. Harmless but, try walking into one while out hiking. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! :o

Yeah, me too! I'm perfectly fine with spiders of any shape and size ........unless one is "on" me. Then nothing else matters but getting the dam thing "off" of me! Don't even matter if I break stuff ......or hurt myself .......or others!:P

If you live in Florida you are living in the banana spider capital of the US.;)

No kidding. I ended up throwing myself backwards off an ATV several times upon realizing that my face was just inches from colliding with one of these monsters. Spiders don't bother me, but catching one in the face going 20mph down a trail is a rude awakening.

They can bite and it gives you a bit of a welt but it's not harmful, just annoying. I've had worse mosquito bites.

If you'd rather not kill it, usually just destroying their web will make them move. Might take doing it a time or two, but we found after clearing them from a trail they would usually move elsewhere. Can only imagine it gets annoying constantly rebuilding!
Killing threads since 2004.

On a serious note... but not too serious... They have 'em here in Japan too... but I ain't never seen no bananer trees here... stoopid spahhders....
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.