javip82

WHY DID PSYCHO PACKING STOP?

First of all I believe the Pro pack method was out before the Psycho pack. And to my knowledge I believe the psycho pack was a new method or way to get the Canopy into the D-Bag a little easier etc etc. I could be off here but thats my take on it. A personal friend that worked at Precision always Psyco packed. He flew High performance Canopys all the time just about. Theres only about two different steps different from the two pack jobs.

Please, finally confirm what it is that YOU mean by psycho packing.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Psycho packing hasn't stopped, I always psycho pack my hornet 190 and it gives much better, consistent openings than when i pro-packed it.

I do find though that there's a lot of stigma surrounding psycho packing and i've been told by a few people supposedly in 'the-know' that it's a bad way of packing and basically i'm putting my life at risk by doing it. If these people actually took the time to look at psycho packing they would realise there aren't many differences from pro-packing, and i dont see how it would make a line-over more of a possibility.

All i can say is it works for me, and i still haven't had a mal (touch wood!!!)

I psycho pack and absolutely love it, no malfunctions. However, because I cocked my pilot chute real hard once it was in the bag ( and didn;t do it before putting in in the bag)I created a line burn in my canopyB|. Having a bridle extension helps, and needless to say I love the openings on my psycho pack jobs, nice and soft and easier to pack.;)

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

Old school packing? Are you talking about psycho packing or about roll packing? Roll packing is an old flat packing technique (an envelop-style of packing, not stack packing)? Parachute lays flat on the ground, set brakes, flip the nose inwards, flip the tail inwards, ...

I just found out that the way I pack is more a presicion packing than psycho packing. JEJEJE:P
sorry.
But thank you for giving me info in the urban legends of psycho packing.