FlyingJ

Books into Films...what are you waiting for?

To go along with the other thread...

So what books have you read that you would like to see made into a movie?

The Alienist by Caleb Carr is my favorite book of all time. I read it several times a year and each time pick up a little something more. It peaked my interest in historical fiction and really got me into reading about Theodore Roosevelt and that time in NYC and our Country's history. The amount of fact that Carr works into a fictional story is just unbelievable to me.

I dread the thought of it being turned into a bad movie, but I dream of it being well done. There has been news off and on for quite awhile about the rights being sold and the potential for it going into production. Don't know where it stands now.

I'm pretty sure that I'll refuse to see it if anyone but Michael Clarke Duncan is chosen to play Cyrus.
Killing threads since 2004.

A Confederacy of Dunces. It was attempted a few times before. Apparently it's cursed. A friend of mine works in the film industry here in New Orleans. He said they tried to get the ball rolling again on it last year.

I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell. Although the previews don't look good.

Any book from Chuck Palahniuk. I loved "Fight Club", because the movie kept Palahniuk's style and mood. I didn't saw the movie version of "Choke" yet. I think "Survivor" would be awesome, "Lullaby", "Rant" and "Pygmy" too!
"One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching."

Dudeist Skydiver #101