skyrider

Any Other Bikers Here?

Pic 1, My last faboy

Pic 2, My Rigid Norton in 1983 right after I finished building her.

Pic 3, My Norton today

My latest Fatboy, a 2005 FLSTFI 15th Anniversary model
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Finally, American Iron!

My Kawasaki was made in the US. What percentage of parts for modern HD bikes were made in Mexico and China? Something like 85% last time I saw a figure...assembled in the US, made in China.

ROFL your figures are wrong...Maybe about 20 percent of the parts are imports...

Thanks to our new terrif (sp?) laws, yes, all large Jap bikes are assembled here..NOT Made here, ASSEMBLED here, which is great, Americans get jobs!

BTW, before ya start thinking I am a rampant old Harley rider...I am a certified Honda mechanic! I still own 2 Honda choppers, and 2 Honda dirtbikes! I worked for Honda from 82 to 85!

But I am a firm believer in good fun ribbing of all makes!

,make jokes about parts falling off my 65 plus year old bikes, I'll laugh, and show ya the spares I carry in my saddle bag, just for that reason!;)

Pic 1, My last faboy

Pic 2, My Rigid Norton in 1983 right after I finished building her.

Pic 3, My Norton today

My latest Fatboy, a 2005 FLSTFI 15th Anniversary model

I think we met....My name is Gypsy,(ape hangered high pipe knuckle) Dumonts used to be my second home, when I wasn't at Perris!

I'm a mini-biker. Had to hang up the big bikes as my 9 lives were used up. :(

TW200
XR 100R
XR 80R with ice spikesB|

XR 80 with ice spikes.....I may as well reserve a room in teh emergency room right now!:D
I'm just getting over putting a footpeg threw my ankle from my son's 80. It was just a straight boly I had added back when he was young, so I could ride on th eback...I KNEW I should have taken it off....Once again, tried to upload pictures...but they aren't loading! I'm beginning to feeel retarded!

I'm really glad you get it.

The worst people are the ones who are wearing HD jeans, boots, socks, belt, shirt, bandanna, wallet, watch and cod piece. Then you ask them what they ride and typically you hear "oh...well, I don't have a bike..."

For what all of that crap cost, they would of had a down payment!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Those wanna-be bikers wearing all the HD gear always dress funny. That's the nicest thing I can say about those sorts of people in a public forum.:D

On the flip side, I'm off for a cold shower to try to get my core temperature down. 102F outside today and have been in the saddle since 0700. Just like yesturday, just like tomorrow and just like the day after...

Hmmm... i haven't been in SoCal since 84. Is it the Norton that you recall? I use to hang at a biker bar called the El Cajon Lounge on University Ave. Also, Ed's Beer on the same road and at the Rathskeller in Imperial Beach. You look familiar. The pic is me and my 2 ladies at the H-D tech center in Frontenac KS
Or... maybe it's my evil twin that you remember. That good for nothing half torqued nutcase has gotten me in more trouble...
Neil Young

I'm really glad you get it.

The worst people are the ones who are wearing HD jeans, boots, socks, belt, shirt, bandanna, wallet, watch and cod piece. Then you ask them what they ride and typically you hear "oh...well, I don't have a bike..."

For what all of that crap cost, they would of had a down payment!

For all that crap, they could have bought a used bike, and put a hundred thousand miles under their belt!

I'll post my rice, soon as I resize the pictures

Hmmm... i haven't been in SoCal since 84. Is it the Norton that you recall? I use to hang at a biker bar called the El Cajon Lounge on University Ave. Also, Ed's Beer on the same road and at the Rathskeller in Imperial Beach. You look familiar. The pic is me and my 2 ladies at the H-D tech center in Frontenac KS
Or... maybe it's my evil twin that you remember. That good for nothing half torqued nutcase has gotten me in more trouble...

yep, we met....Maybe I did a few less drugs, i remember you!:ph34r: (although the Norton was the real mind grabber, I cut my teeth working at a Norton/triumph/ducati/motoguzzi shop...we even had 2 Vincents on the floor when I started there!

Were you working at Sonny Angel's shop in National City or maybe Rocket Cycles in Spring Valley?
By the way, love the Knucks.

ya missed me by one Block I was around the corner from Sonny's, at a New shop, National City Cycles...I was the first and only Harley rider they ever hired, Couple of great mechanics own that place, they know their shit...

Yup, I recall that shop. I bought a few parts for the Norton build from there. Got the 16" rim and spokes from there to lace to the stock hub. The Z-bars came from there as did the solo seat and p-pad. I mostly did business with Sonny's or Rocket.
Neil Young

Now those old school chops are exactly what I love (I know they weren't old school when the picture was taken)! Great bikes!

You wouldn't have an old XL or XXL open face helmet in the old Bell style that you'd like to part with, do you? I have been thinking about those "repops" that Biltwell is pushing.