k-dubjumps

Vicodin makes me...

I had to take it when I shattered my wrist/forearm in a cycling crash 13 years ago.
I hated it.
It made me completely non-functional except for my hearing,
so once I had caught up on my sleep, all I could do was lay flat on my back like a vegetable.
I had to live like that for several days until surgery, bored out of my f***ing mind.:S

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

That's just cuz you didn't eat enough...

I don't get horny but i can f*ck like a maniac on a numb johnson, though I prefer to wander around in sunny outdoor places... anyone gonna be in the park in 20 minutes? I'll see ya there.
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

What can I say I'm bored and feeling a little goofy. Its the vicodin. What's it do for you? Haven't taken vicodin or maybe you've been on a different pain killer? Then please share!

For me...a wonderful pain reliever. Add a little alcohol and it's the perfect pain reliever. I can't sleep on vicodin...but that's ok, it takes the pain away - I'm talking kidney stone level pain! YMMV, but if it works for House, who the hell am I to challenge his conclusions?

Jon

That show is a crock of shit, any doctor knows that vicodin has a high level of acetaminophen compared to the hydrocodone, you are better off with other things.
For me, I feel it coming on in about 30 min, and feel great for the next hour. After that, you start coming down and have a no nonsense attitude, and if you are talking with someone it is a very frank and upfront convo. During this period, tobacco products are a must. Somewhere around 4-5 hours after taking it, you get a sleepy spell that last about an hour, but afterward you are fine. Sleep is hard, and instead the time is best spent working on something, you have energy and no laziness at all, so it is a good time to clean your house or something.
The key to sleeping when you are coming down, is either time your bedtime to the 1 hour tired window, or if you miss it, you MUST calm your mind down. I find my myself pondering complex thoughts and ideas making it impossible to get tired. Oh, and as someone else mentioned, stool softener is a good idea as well.
Hope this is helpful for someone!

I understand everything you said, and anticipated such responses...that's why I said "YMMV". If you ever find yourself with a discomfort like a kidney stone, it is a pain reliever that will do just that, relieve pain...it is that good. Burns all over your body, it prolly won't help so much...but as a strong pain reliever it's very good. House is an addict and I said that as a point of humor...humor...k?

Jon

Vicodin makes my nose itch.

Doesn't work all that well for me anymore either. I still feel pain, it's just not as intense. Most of the time. Sometimes I'm still in pain two hours after taking one.

After taking so much of it while my back was really screwed up, Vicodin has no recreational value for me.

Oh, and those who like to drink with it? Not the best idea if you hope to have a functioning liver in the future. Or so I've been told.

I can not say enough good things about some of my great friends at Skydive Dallas (Thank you Shayne!!) who went to Walmart to buy me stool softener and Shiner Bock.

Without those two items, Vicodin would've been a real bitch!
I got nuthin

Makes me stop breathing .... really ... no kidding... two incidents .... near death

That's what the Dr. told me could happen when I called him after getting wisdom teeth pulled and was itchy all over when put on it. I have had a few injuries and surgeries since then and I just refuse to take pain meds because I don't need to worry about what I'll be allergic to. Plus, I do enough to my liver already.:D