k-dubjumps

What did/do you do in remembrance of 9/11?

I lived my life the same way I did on September 10th, and every day after. Without fear. I refuse to let anyone terrorize me, be it individual or on a national level.
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

I'm not frightened either. In fact the most scary thing I've seen since 9/11 was Congress members running for their lives down the street when some stray Cessna 172 wandered into their airspace.

We need to send folks other than punks to Congress. I mean, come on people, die at your post if that's what it takes.

You sent us to war and we didn't run . . .

NickD :)USMC
1st Mar Div
1971 -1975

I went to NY the following February to leave flowers at ground zero and write on the wall.

+ 1 except we went there during the New Years holidays. Even at the end of 2001 smoke was still rising from the rubble that was still there.
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

Unfortunately tonight I witnessed one of the most grotesque and obnoxious displays of "rememberance" I have ever seen. We were at the local high school game to do EMS standby. They had asked us to send a medic to join a member from each of the fire depts and law agencies as a token of thanks to those on Sept. 11, etc. It was all relatively tasteful, up until they asked for a moment of silence. It lasted about 10 seconds and then Proud to be an American started playing, overdubbed with radio and TV announcers from Sept. 11 describing planes hitting the towers, towers falling, people jumping, etc. The overdub continued through a medley of 4 or 5 different patriotic tunes and did nothing but get worse.

I saw no reason to go to such lengths and I was happy to see other folks reacting similarly. Their thanks to responders via the local group was nice and it could so easily have just ended with a moment of silence followed by the national anthem and raising of the flag. Instead I think they did more to disgrace the memory of those involved than anything.

Sorry to add a negative tone to this thread. Ever since watching the 2nd plane hit the tower from the top of my office building in NYC I've had more of a "alright it, this is done, let's move on and not let it intrude on living our lives" attitude and this little event in my current tiny south Texas town really got to me.

Alright, my rant is over.
Killing threads since 2004.