Nataly

women who have sugar-daddies..

Interesting... (Not directed at anyone in particular.)

It seems that the logical female equivalent of a man who makes a lot of money would be.... well, a woman who makes a lot of money. But it is interesting that, instead, the female equivalent of a man who makes lots of money seems to be a woman who is exceptionally beautiful.

And my first inclination was to fault this line of thinking, but actually, I think it's still pretty true to reality for now.

I noticed that too. [:/]

I would LIKE to think that weren't true... but I fear it is.

I would find it extremely rude if I made dinner for a lady and she proceeded to put more cheese, salt, pepper, salsa, pasta sauce, steak sauce, or any other ingredient on top of a meal I had made and planned.

Seriously? Perhaps she prefers more pepper in her food than you do in yours. That makes her rude?

If that's the case, may I suggest that you never have children? :ph34r:

Two thoughts to consider here:

1. Different situations - "making a meal for someone" v. "ordering the meal for someone." One is more personal and should get a little more respect.

2. Did the person that the meal was made for actually TRY the meal as prepared and then add, or was it an automatic reflex to drown the food?

1. It is different. Depending on how much planning for the "ordering meal" it may take as much work.

2. For the date meal it does not matter. Of course adding ingredients before trying is shows greater inconsideration than after one tries it. But, what does trying a meal mean? Eating the entire meal? Consuming half of it? or Only tasting one portion?
A man without a mustache is like a hamburger without a bun, Un-American.

1. Different situations - "making a meal for someone" v. "ordering the meal for someone." One is more personal and should get a little more respect.

I don't see that. Your taste in seasonings is very likely different than mine. If I make dinner for you and you feel that a dish needs more salt, well, that's why there's a salt shaker on the table. I think it'd be rude of ME to expect you to eat something that you think tastes bland when you can make it taste better with a little more salt.

And hey, I might even learn something about cooking for you because you did so. Isn't that a more honest way of relating to someone?

I don't see that. Your taste in seasonings is very likely different than mine. If I make dinner for you and you feel that a dish needs more salt, well, that's why there's a salt shaker on the table. I think it'd be rude of ME to expect you to eat something that you think tastes bland when you can make it taste better with a little more salt.

And hey, I might even learn something about cooking for you because you did so. Isn't that a more honest way of relating to someone?

I didn't say you couldn't add salt.

If it needs it... I feel you should be able to add. I don't think one needs to "suffer" through a meal that they don't find appetizing just for the sake of the one that made it. But... I would think it rude to just salt or pepper or whatever without even trying it first.

It seems that the logical female equivalent of a man who makes a lot of money would be.... well, a woman who makes a lot of money. But it is interesting that, instead, the female equivalent of a man who makes lots of money seems to be a woman who is exceptionally beautiful.

And my first inclination was to fault this line of thinking, but actually, I think it's still pretty true to reality for now.

I noticed that too. [:/]

I would LIKE to think that weren't true... but I fear it is.

Sorry - it was the best example I could think of that would depict a similar circumstance. [:/]
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I had never heard of an "MRS" degree until mentioned here.

I don’t know a single woman personally who went to college to get her “MRS” degree … don’t doubt they’re out there … just not sure where … which may reflect more on me than anything else.

I do not know (i.e. am friends with) any either. I have met many of them, however. There are too many variables in play as to whether you might have been in a position to notice such a thing.
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Usually, a good income is part of an overall picture.
- Probably well educated.
- Financial security for the person and their entire family.
- The best education, care, and living environment for the possible future kids.

While a good income is a plus...

I recently received yet another ridiculous questionnaire forward from a family member of my hunny's, most of which I just delete. It was supposed to tell me what Hollywood actress I was most like (Katherine Hepburn era). One question asked me about the quality I find most important in my life mate: money, intellect, fun, and one other I can not recall. My answer was fun. At the end of the day, I want someone around me whom I laugh and have fun with. Call me crazy.

I ended up being Grace Kelly, btw. :D

Of *course* a man with money is inherently appealing.. But for me, it's not because he *has* money, it's more to do with the fact that he is hard-working, successful, ambitious and charismatic. If he's rich because he's all of the above, it's very sexy - it's a sign that he's a good provider. And if it's ever going to work, he would have to also be emotionally dependable and giving as well. In the above scenario, money is the bonus that comes from all the qualities that make a great partner - it's a massive turn on.

If, on the other hand, money was inherited or it's all he's interested in, or it's due to lying, cheating, dishonesty, etc., it's NOT appealing. ESPECIALLY if money is the only thing he has to snare women in. If the man has no charisma or personality to speak of, money is NOT attractive in the slightest.

Or, OTOH, he is all of the "rich" fore-mentioned but uses his attributes for other, less-financially-attractive things.

I would think it rude to just salt or pepper or whatever without even trying it first.

Yes! Try it first. Contrary to popular belief, it is not an insult to any chef worth anything to then add salt or pepper if you feel it necessary. Now, if you ask for rare and you really mean medium-rare...:S:P

I do not know (i.e. am friends with) any either. I have met many of them, however. There are too many variables in play as to whether you might have been in a position to notice such a thing.

My RA in the dorms my first year of college was one of those. Dated a med student and even did the "fake a pregnancy to get a proposal" move. This was at a competitive southern school so she had to have a reasonable amount of brainpower/drive to get in, but there were many who worked hard so they could have access to a high-potential pool of potential husbands. Of course by the time I was there (late 80s/early 90s) they were fortunately far outnumbered by those who were there because they wanted to be high achievers themselves, but still.. sigh. [:/]
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

:D

Oh yes...

While, what opened my eyes was the summer-before-freshman-fall semester (though I was accepted to fall, I elected to say in a dorm and attend two summer courses), I later had a roommate in a four-bedroom, off-campus apartment that faked her own mugging?/robbing?/molesting? and filed a police report and everything after her med-school hunny dumped her. He was right by her side...up until...well, up until everyone found out it was a sham. [:/]:S I called it! :D:|

They are analogous in terms of what we are defining as a problem.
They are people who are dating someone
with other motivations than the other "person".

It's not my business. Other people have problems
that are as simple as living every day.
If people find something that works for them, cool.
Glad to hear it.

Most of the conversation here seems to be, "It's not for me" and "It doesn't fit my definition of relationship". Ok, don't. Walk to the curb and find something that they do like.

Sometimes in life, things aren't that good.
Sometimes it is enough to take away a negative.

A person may not need an expensive vacation.
Maybe they just need a day off. Maybe just to worry
a little less about their bills.

Some people have everything they want except someone
attractive to spend time with and laugh over drinks.

If the primary driver is looks or money, and both people
are happy, then I'm thinking they should keep doing that because it works for them.

If someone wants a reason why people accept a different measurement of value in their relationships,
it is because people need different stuff.
That doesn't make them wrong.

While I’m a contemporary of [PLXpert], I don’t know a single woman personally who went to college to get her “MRS” degree … don’t doubt they’re out there … just not sure where … which may reflect more on me than anything else.

Generally don't find them at brainiac schools or in MENSA circles. :P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

As for the OP, maybe the situation could have been avoided if a restaurant had been mutually agreed upon before the date?

I can't remember the comedian, one of the Wayans maybe?

A guy can walk out of the burn unit but if he gets in a Porsche...

"Dude that girls practicly homeless."
"I know but look at that ass..."

:D:D:D

"Dude that girls practicly homeless."
"I know but look at that ass..."

"Homeless" is a plus!
That means she will be more receptive to an offer to spend the night.:ph34r:
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

If we went to McDonalds on our date, could I supersize your order without being considered cocky?

I know apple pies would be bragging... :P

Ah the age old boobies Vs. money argument.
He gots da money and you gots da boobies and some guys think that having money can get them boobies.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

I don't think anything is free in life. Well.. Maybe love.

No, not even love is free. We just invest emotional capital instead of cash. When things work out, receiving the emotional "dividends" can be extraordinarily pleasant, euphoric. When things don't work out, the losses can be gut wrenching.

But that's a whole different topic..

Oops, sorry. I didn't mean to hijack your thread. :$
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Hay my friend just wrote a check for $50k to settle his divorce.
Married for 4 years, the girl (if you could call something of that size a girl) never worked and when she found god....god told her her metal loving husband was the devil and that he should pay her $50k.

So no, nothing is free. Not gravity, not light nor love.
Some times it will set you back $50k for 4 years or $300 for one hour.

But I'm jaded and so my view doesn't really mean much.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!