nipp1e_boy

Another Bigway Camp done!

Hi guys,
I just got back from this months bigway camp in California - took me a while to drive back since I cant fly any more ( http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3429970).

The first day we started off with 20 wyas which was a bit disappointing but I guess it was to let the newbies get a taste of the bigway routine. No big whup. I offered to go last out but the organizer said he wanted me clsoer up - to lay a solid base he said.

The first few jumps went off well but I was concerned by the traffic in the landing area. Since we had some issues last time regarding the landing pattern I had decided to just hum it down and set a solid landing direction. So I turned off my Cypress for the third jump of the day. Unfortunately the damn thing did not want to turn off, so I had to pull high (I am very safet consious). On the next jump when I asked the one of the organizers for help with turning my Cypress off she looked at me kinda funny and said she didnt know how because she jumped a Vigil. So I couldnt be as safe as I wanted, but I guess thats the risk you take on bigways.

On day 3 things were a little weird. On a couple of the jumps the organizer said I was reaching for grips - but in reality it was the formation that was unsteady because of all the hard docks and I felt at least I was making sure we got the completion. This happened more than once I guess I'm just really eager to get that record!
Anyhoo, they decided to try a new grip plan where the person docking doesnt pick up the grips! It is a very interesting idea so if you see it on a bigway somewhere you can thank the grip-happy Nipple Boy! I always say dont hate, innovate!

On the last day of the camp we were jumping with 02. Very cool. I discovered something really interesting. If you breathe in and out very rapidly with the o2 tube in your helmet you can get a pleasant little buzz going ;) It almost felt like being back at Couch Freaks which was on the same weekend (man I miss hitting the beer truck before getting on a sweaty Otter). I figure the only downside was that I lost color vision on the 3rd jump of the day and was hopelessly lost. All the jumpsuits looked black white or grey! Luckily there were a few people who went low so I didnt get noticed too much.

Finally - I should say it was hot as balls in California. I dont know if it was because of the forest fires but I felt like I had sweated off 20 pounds. With Jump for the Cause coming up there were a number of hotties in pink - I think the ladies noticed because by the end of the camp I was getting quite a few stares!

Anyhow, cant wait to do it again!! See you all in June next year.

Nipple Boy
A-19820
"Safety First! Fun Forever!"

So I turned off my Cypress for the third jump of the day.

You jump with a Cypres (No, I won't point out that you don't know how to spell. My guess is that you jump a Saber). Pussy.

I used to jump a Saber 150 right off student status. There's nothing to be ashamed of jumping a Cypres (thanks for the correction) - it's strictly in case I get knocked out. I dont want my friends chasing me down. Jump safe - always jump an AAD.

Nipple Boy
A-19820

Looks like a repost. You need some new material.

If you jumped more often or did more bigways you would see that the issues are often the same. Once you get more expereince you will realize this.
"new material" - if you don't believe what I posted feel free to ask around. Some of the posters on this thread were in that camp I think.

Nipple Boy
A-19820

I thought it was pretty good. You'd only really get the joke if you're part of the big way scene. Otherwise you'd probably think this post was serious.

I don't get the "joke" either. Because all my posts are serious. You can confirm my description with others who were at the camp.

Nipple Boy
A-19820

I thought it was pretty good. You'd only really get the joke if you're part of the big way scene. Otherwise you'd probably think this post was serious.

I don't get the "joke" either. Because all my posts are serious. You can confirm my description with others who were at the camp.

Nipple Boy
A-19820

I was at the camp;)

Nipple Boy
A-19820

I was at the camp;)

Hmmm... so you claim. I certainly don't recall seeing you. What groups were you in the first two days? Are you one of the ozzies?

Nipple Boy
A-19820

Nipple Boy
A-19820

I was at the camp;)

BAWAAAHAAAA! Classic!
Remster

Hmmm... so you claim. I certainly don't recall seeing you. What groups were you in the first two days? Are you one of the ozzies?

Nipple Boy
A-19820

Careful. I think they're just trying to suck up to you, get you to vouch for them. Tell 'em you need to maybe evaluate their flying skills some. They could hire you to do some coach jumps, maybe. This happens a lot at the level you're jumping.:)