Para-cutie

What should I do?

I am breaking down and joining one of those silly dating websites. My good guy friend warned me to not mention anything about skydiving, "too intimidating"

I am still in the over-excited toddler stage of this sport, so it consumes much of my spare time and brain activity. Not mentioning it seems like not being me. (I only have 2 pics from the past 2 years that are not skydive related to use on my profile) I try to not let my entire life revolve around the dz, but is a huge part of who I am today.

Damn, I really need a date.
I'm a little teapot short and stout, here is my handle and here's a note from my shrink. He says I'm getting better. Last week I thought I was a toaster oven!
-Dot Warner

I tend to not date guys for very long and I jump at a very small dz. Dating at home does not appear to be worth the probable As the Prop Turns, Drama at the Dropzone, and Lose your Turn issues.

I have dated 2 skydivers long distance, but that gets old quick. :|

I'm a little teapot short and stout, here is my handle and here's a note from my shrink. He says I'm getting better. Last week I thought I was a toaster oven!
-Dot Warner

I tend to not date guys for very long and I jump at a very small dz. Dating at home does not appear to be worth the probable As the Prop Turns, Drama at the Dropzone, and Lose your Turn issues.

So you're asking what to do on DZ dot com about:

1. putting yourself out there on a dating website

2. you jump at a small DZ and feel like you're not the top dog

3. you tend to not date guys for very long

4. have dated some skydivers long distance but it didn't work

Should be some INTERESTING replies ....

;);)
'Shell

You are right that asking a bunch of skydivers about dating non-skydivers probably won't be productive. (It's Bonfire) But I can't be the only one trying to balance the dropzone with the rest of the world.

I am so not the top dog, :P it's not my personallity. I like being the goofy girl that occasionally cleans the bathrooms.

-Dot Warner

Move to Florida. There's always new faces showing up, and, sooner or later, you might meet one you want to stick with a while. Or, you might get sick of dating skydivers. Either way, you'll get to jump year round.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

I'm guessing a gap of 5,000 miles isn't going to work, then? :(:)
I don't see the point in avoiding any mention of skydiving. If you end up dating someone seriously then it's going to come out soon enough! And since it's obviously a big part of who you are, the guy might then be more put off by the fact that you 'kept it secret'.

You could compromise by mentioning it but being a little oblique about it - you know, 'adventure sports' or something.

Good luck! :)

I've had this discussion several times with my ex-girlfriend, and I've seen it come up several times in the forums. I would say, without a doubt, tell them!! Yes, it is going to intimidate *some* guys (but do you really want to be dating them anyways?). I started dating a skydiver, and that pushed me to finally get in the sport and stay jumping; now I am dating a wuffo, and I have to say it is hard! It's hard to find the time away from the dropzone, it's hard to make the decision to jump or spend time together. Especially since I've agreed not to bring her to the dropzone for the time being. (an agreement my ex and I made when we broke up).
Thomas Crowe, NRP
Nationally Registered Paramedic
Red Hat Linux Geek

Damn, I really need a date.

From that statement there and your next couple of posts. Missy, you don't need a date. You need a FUCK BUDDY!

Where is turtle? I'm sure he can handle any matters you may have with the need to release some sexual tensions.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."