stratostar

Vibes for Jarrett Martin

There is now a place on face book... a group type event that was made for updates on Jarrett, the updates are coming from his father Brett to Monica who is posting them... I will put down what is on there

Jarrett Martin's Recovery
Type: Common Interest - Friends
Description: This site is to keep friends/family posted on Jarretts recovery.

On Aug 25th Jarrett was hurt badly in a ground launching Accident. The plan was to ground launch his main canopy which was hooked up to a base rig, fly off of a 2,000 ft cliff over the ocean, cut away his main and then open the base rig. Unfortunetly, after Jarrett successfully ground launched, one of the cut away cables unintentionally cut away at 70-75ft off the ground. He then spiraled to the ground and landed on a huge rock. He was airlifted to a Hosp. in Hawaii, equivilant to Harborview. At which point everyone thought he might have broken his femur.

Recent NewsSurgeries:
Had a successful 8 hr surgery to repair his torn Aorta. He is breathing on his own; heart is pumping on its own. They are keeping him under a medical coma to keep his blood pressure down. If his blood pressure gets too high it will undo what the surgery just fixed. Don't have any idea when they will bring him out of the medical coma. Dr's are concerned with his colon, pancreas, and kidneys. Running tests and watchful eye on those organs. His spinal cord was severed somewhere in the waist. They won't know exactly where until they bring him out of the coma. Jarrett will be paralyzed from the waist down.
Brett did arrive in Hawaii on Wednesday afternoon. He appreciates all the emails, messages and texts, but regrets that there is not enough time in the day to get back to everyone. He was able to talk to Jarrett breifly when they brought him down off the drugs to see where his threshold was and then they boosted him right back up with meds. Jarrett did squeeze Bretts hand and recognized him. This news was given to me from Brett on Aug 26th 7:20 p.m.
Jarrett has no health insurance. Anyone that would like to help can do so, anything and everyhting is appreciated! Will keep you posted on everything!
D'Arcy is trying to set up a fund at Bank Of America today and Dana has started a paypal account for Jarrett/Brett.
(I.C.D#2 VP)
"<3 ..Looks like breasts coming out of an ice cream cone. Mmmm."~John Mitchell
"I'm good with my purple penis straw" ~sky mama

Wow, this really sucks! Jarrett stepped in for us at the last minute on our VFS team at Nationals last year and I had a lot of fun jumping with him and getting to know him better. He is a great guy and I wish I could be there to give him and his family some support.

"Ignorance is bliss" and "Patience is a virtue"... So if you're stupid and don't mind waiting around for a while, I guess you can have a pretty good life!

Hey everyone. Steph is at work and is unable to answer every bodies questions. The pay pal and Bank of America account are going to be linked. She's working on that today. As far as reports on Jarrett's condition, she knows about as much as the rest of us so she's unable to answer those questions too. Let's spread the word of the pay pal to everyone and keep positive vibes and love going Jarrett and Brett's way. :)C

For now, anyone may donate to the "Jarrett Martin Medical Fund" at any Bank of America branch. They will take your check and cash. If you'd like to do something online via credit card, please use the following link to paypal - of which all proceeds will be deposited into this B of A account.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=forjarrett%40gmail%2ecom&lc=US&item_name=For%20Jarrett%20%26%20Brett%20Martin¤cy_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted

This setup will change as soon as family can acquire power of attorney status and set up a trust for Jarrett. Will keep you posted of any changes!
(I.C.D#2 VP)
"<3 ..Looks like breasts coming out of an ice cream cone. Mmmm."~John Mitchell
"I'm good with my purple penis straw" ~sky mama

If anyone is having issues with the link, you can search: [email protected] on the paypal page.

Right now, this email goes to me. However, it will become Jarrett's down the road for those of you wanting to send him encouragement.

Thank you to those who have donated. Truely moving. I have no words. I can't wait until the news hits Hawaii.

I am not afraid . . . I was born to do this
-Joan of Arc-
But what do I know, I'm only 19

Bump, I am surprised this has not been made a sticky yet.

I met Jarret when he was 11 at a boogie in Madras. He packed for me because I was unable due to an injury. It was the first time I had ever used a packer. I have known his family for a long time and jumped with his dad Brett since the 80's. Several years after we first met I jumped with Jarrett in Madras and the kids skills were incredible for someone so young.

The Martins are good people and their family has been in the sport for decades going back to Jarrets grandfather. if you have not already done so please donate to the cause. Jarrets medical bills will be enormous. Follow the links posted above, any amount will help and I have no doubt will be greatly appreciated.

Heal fast young man, we are all pulling for you!
Onward and Upward!

And I hear he's out of ICU and into a regular room, off the ventilator and eating food. Brett. I can barely imagine how hard this has all been, and how much is ahead of you. Know that we all love you both, and let us know what you need and when you need it. We can't wait to have both of you back.

John