lauras

Norm Olson - 50 years of freefall & still going strong!

This past Saturday was the 50th anniversary of Norm Olson's first freefall (he had a number of static line jumps before then.).

Norm is Skydive City's (Zhills) most active fun jumper, excluding staff & other professionals. Mind you, the man's 78 years old and he's at the dz at 8am ever weekend, ready to jump & waiting on all the slackers to show up.

Norm founded the Navy Leap Frogs demo team and had 2300 skydives before retiring from jumping for well over 20+ years. He came back with a vengeance 4 years ago and has participated in a number of POPS, SOS and other big way records & camps. It will be no surprise to me when he hits 3000 sometime next year & I want to be on that skydive!

If you ever get a chance to come by Zhills, I highly recommend that you get a jump in with Norm. He is the most awesome, no bullshit & outright fun guy I've ever met. We've got plenty of the old bulls running around on our dz and they all get respect, especially since they're so much fun to jump with and they love to crack a beer at the end of the day. We're so lucky!

Happy 50th Anniversary, Norm! We love ya, man!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/photo.php?pid=2558834&id=124376830059

Here, here...

Congratulaions Norm!

All the respect in the world for the man. I gota get back to Z-hills and jump with him again (now that I can actually control myself in freefall :S ).

"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" ~Samuel Clemens

MB#4300
Dudeist Skydiver #68

This past Saturday was the 50th anniversary of Norm Olson's first freefall (he had a number of static line jumps before then.).

I like Norm, nice guy!
Always a smile and a skydive!

Him, HIM!!!! :P

Congratulations Norm!
B|

*uck him I actually thought he had been jumpin for a lot longer than that:P congrats Norm on 50 years maybe some day you'll figure it out :D:D see you Saturday
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Every time I go to Z-hills, I always make it point to get at least one jump in with Norm.

He is one of my favorite people down there and it's an honor to know him.

Congrats Norm!

Funny story:
I first met Norm at a Palatka Hog Flop. I was put on his team. Before the jump, I was thinking, "Oh shit, is this old guy gonna be able to even DO a hog flop?"

Well, when we flopped, it was Norm that rolled out first...dead on heading and quick as a blink...I almost blew my flop in shocked amazement.

We took 2nd place.

Thank you Norm, sir!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Every time I go to Z-hills, I always make it point to get at least one jump in with Norm.

He is one of my favorite people down there and it's an honor to know him.

Congrats Norm!

Funny story:
I first met Norm at a Palatka Hog Flop. I was put on his team. Before the jump, I was thinking, "Oh shit, is this old guy gonna be able to even DO a hog flop?"

Well, when we flopped, it was Norm that rolled out first...dead on heading and quick as a blink...I almost blew my flop in shocked amazement.

We took 2nd place.

Thank you Norm, sir!

Come to think of it, when he was in his first 4-way scrambles
at Zhills a couple of years ago, I believe his team took first out of 12 teams.

F-in unbelievable.

CONGRATULATIONS Norm! Sorry that I missed the occasion and party, but looking forward to buying you a beer this weekend. I'm amazed at your resilience and determination and hope to be 1/2 as good at you age, which seems to be coming up sooner than later! OUTSTANDING SIR!
Dano