Ketia0

i need YOUR help

ok guys. im still new to this, and i need your help telling me if this is a good deal or not. The guy is going to put it on Ebay and ill pay him tommrow.

its for a (javelin j5 c-17 harness. rig was originally green and grey but he wanted it to be hounds tooth and grey so he had the container rebuilt and javelin ended up due to delays remaking the entire harness stainless and all. max 40 jumps on new setup. main is a sabre 2 red and black 190 with 200 jumps. and a 190 pdr reserve no rides. )

Im jumping a sabre2 230 now. im going to upload the pictures. the final price is 3225.00 plus shipping.

What do yall think??
"In this game you can't predict the future. You just have to play the odds. "-JohnMitchell

My exit wieght is 200 ( im 170, and assuming a rig is 30 pounds)
im 5'11, and kinda small build.

The reason i wanted to do it on Ebay was for my protection. I asked him if he would do it through my rigger who works at Skydive spaceland. i could have them the money before hand. but he said no he wouldnt ship rig unit i sent the money. And he wanted me to do it paypal gift. ( so it wouldnt charge him for selling it).

Also, major thanks to Jim for his help!! ;)

"In this game you can't predict the future. You just have to play the odds. "-JohnMitchell

The guy is going to put it on Ebay and ill pay him tomorrow.

What do yall think??

Why go through eBay? Make sure this guy isn't a scam.

Guy won't send it to our local rigger for inspection without payment 1st...:|

I just spoke with Austin, recommended he pass on this one. (owls are creepy)

Surely there is a decent used rig with a 190 & an AAD with a few years on it somebody knows about... look around & hook Austin up!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

dude, i'm about 185, and my exit weight is just over 200...a javelin j3 is the perfect harness size for me. j5 might be a bit much for me.

and don't send money till a rigger looks at it....

i bought my rig on ebay when i knew almost nothing about the sport. i lucked out. if you DO buy this, i really hope it works out for ya..

and don't send money till a rigger looks at it....

+1

A guy at our DZ just bought a complete system and then had the rigger inspect it. There was some mold on the main canopy, and a tear inside one of the cross ports. Don't buy anything without an inspection first, so at least you know what you're getting!

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

And he wanted me to do it paypal gift. ( so it wouldnt charge him for selling it).

I don't know about with rigs, but with everything else on ebay (or elsewhere online), this is usually a red flag for a scam. I'd be weary of any seller who insists that the buyer send the money as a gift through paypal, rather than as a payment for ebay items or other goods.

If you send it as a gift, you have no recourse to file a paypal dispute later. You are stuck.

Most sellers who use paypal/ebay accept the fees as a part of the transaction; some may pad the price to include the fees. But I would NOT recommend you send paypal payment as a gift to any person you do not know very well.

Caveat emptor.
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who
can do nothing for him."

- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I would like to repeat what I advised you in a personal message - DON'T BUY SOMETHING TILL YOU HAVE JUMPED IT!

Does that work for women too?:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I would like to repeat what I advised you in a personal message - DON'T BUY SOMETHING TILL YOU HAVE JUMPED IT!

Does that work for women too?:)

It's a lot cheaper to just rent those.:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Oh come on Turtle... you know good and well that you can't buy women, your can only rent them. Sometimes by the hour, sometimes via a long term rental agreement or lease... but you can't actually buy em. :P

Randomly f'n thingies up since before I was born...

Oh come on Turtle... you know good and well that you can't buy women, your can only rent them. Sometimes by the hour, sometimes via a long term rental agreement or lease... but you can't actually buy em. :P

Then what is the adage about buying a cow before tasting the milk?:ph34r:

:o
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

a javelin j3 is the perfect harness size for me. j5 might be a bit much for me.

J3 and J5 are the container size, not the harness size. Container size determines what size canopies the rig will hold, not what size person the rig will fit. :P

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."

I have a J 5 , and it IS a wide container....
could stick out, on your sides, more than you'd like...
once in a while,,[:/] i'll get nasty looks, from the people behind me,,,,, between whose legs i am sitting.... ( IN the airplane...:S;).. of course)

the cost
seems like a lot for a rig without an aad...
could be the owner is trying to make back some of the $$$$ it musta cost, for the color change to the container...

keep lookin' and if possible... try the gear ON.... and if it fits well enough, then test jump it... if the fit is not good,,,, better not to bother with a jump...

jmy

No opportunity for inspection?

Wants money before shipping AND no recourse to get your money back?

Take a step back and think.

Your first rig, (like your first girlfriend and your first car) will be gorgeous to you, no matter what it really looks like.

But don't be so eager that you jump at such an obvious scam.

Tell dude "No inspection, no deal". Or at the very minimum, insist on doing it as a payment (even if you pay the extra cost).
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo