iluvtofly

When a job description asks for...

photos...do you write them off right away or send some in? Also, are they expecting professional photos?

I've been sending out resumes pretty regularly. I got a response today saying that they liked my resume but would like to see pictures. It's for an executive assistant job (or so they say). I've never considered myself incredibly photogenic. The only pictures I have of myself recently are with friends. Would those be acceptable?

What do they want pics for?
Did they say?

Not too ugly, but not better looking than the female execs??:P

If it's for a resume, I would guess that they want a decent "portrait" shot, not you hanging with a bunch of friends.

They aren't hard to do.
Dress nice, find a fairly plain couch against a plain neutral color wall, and off you go.
You may want to stand in front of a neutral colored wall instead, kinda like a mug shot or driver's license but nicer.

"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Would depend on a lot of factors, particularly whether I knew who the company was and knew anything about them. If it's an anonymous ad, hell to the no. If the company is up front about who they are and the job description is complete and specific as to the actual duties ... maybe, and I agree that the more professional type photos would be best.

But it would definitely set off red flags for me.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

It shows exactly what's most important to them. Also says a lot about how they're probably going to treat you if you do get the job. It makes them sound like hosers. Ask yourself: does this come across as the kind of place you'd like to spend the majority of your week?

Elvisio "give it a pass" Rodriguez

Legally, a job opening cannot ask for your sex, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, etc as a requirement for application.

Some of that they will discover in a phone interview, some they would have to commit to meeting you in person. The rest is none of their business.

"The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly." --GK Chesterton

I say no go! When I look for a new assistant or and worker for that matter I meet with them just to get a fill for how they act and present thierselfs. If theywant a picture they they are looking for something else? I say pass on it unless you really need that job.
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

it's pretty common around here for jobs that require "representing", or jobs like in sales..

i pass on those as the ones that want a handwritten sample. but i've read that applying for jobs here and there are two completely different animals, even between germany and switzerland are massive differences..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Send them a pic....with a note attached:
1. When do I start?

or,

2. When do I set up my appointment with an Equal Opportunity lawyer.

You won't get the job but WTH.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Sounds kinda sketchy.....

Or here's another angle....maybe they are looking for a professional appearance. Before they do 50 interviews, their intentions are to weed out the nappy headed crack ho's that look like they brushed their teeth with a grenade...

No offense to the nappy crack ho's with summer teeth.....I'm just saying
if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell