TKATC

Ever been kicked off your DZ?

Here are some reasons I’ve been given “a talking to” or grounded for the rest of the day.

For going low………..haven’t we all gotten that talk in the first 100 jumps? :S

For jumping a 6 pack of beer on the last load of the day and handing it out in the landing area.

For jumping a beer and drinking it in the landing area. Ok it was three jumps in a row. Hey, they were Coors lights and it was a hot day. :)

For smelling like I had been drinking before the first load of the day at 6:30 in the morning. Come on. I was drinking last night. I was sweating it out . Wadda ya expect at 6:30am and it’s already almost 90 degrees?

For jacking with a new guy on the plane. “Man you’ve got that look. Last time I saw that look on a guy he died.” :P

When I was flying jumpers often on the last load of the day everyone would take a beer. After we had taken off and gotten over 600ft I would tell everyone (except me) that it was OK to pop them open and drink them. The only rule was that they had to take the can or bottle with them. I did get a guy into trouble once with the DZO when the left his bottle in the plane and it got lodged under a rudder pedal for a while.

ATW,
CK

Lets see, Otay, back when it was a little cesna DZ, (for attacking Don Muma, the owner)Hemet, for refussing to Kiss Don Balsh's ass , Perris , and Elsinore, once again, By Don Balsh, when he found out I was jumping there....Jim Wallace straightened all that shit out....I've been banned for a day or so several other times at Perris, that I damn well deserved, (intentional low pulls and other stupid shit) , that now I am smart enough not to do, (in sight of manifest):ph34r:

How in the HELL does a thread about this subject go for over a year without a single incidence of the word "Carbone" in it?

:P

Elvisio "befuddled" Rodriguez

Prolly holds the record for lifetime bans.

As well as the one for "lifetime" bans from a single DZ. ;)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Hey Matt, was it a Skyride DZ?

Without going back to read, I would say yes. :D

But he still has his house at the end of the runway and the DZ's gone after being kicked out. B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Have you also never seen someone kicked off a DZ?
I'm sure that with your experience and skills and the amount of travelling you do, you often came across unsafe situations. Be it around the bonfire or in the air.
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

Twice.

Brief recap: 1985. Long Island Skydivers. After comleting my student training several hours away I began jumping close to home, trying to acclimate to non-student life. Someone told me not to ask for pin checks. I sought advice off the DZ regarding how to handle this. They found out & I was banned for life.

!988. Woodstock Connecticut. Had made some friends at my new "home" DZ three hours out of state. First malfunction, hard reserve pull. Stayed with it, finally got open under 500'. Freaked out the DZO & was banned. Very discouraging to see my friends turn their backs & avoid me.

Saw some of these people a few years later at other DZ's. They still wouldn't talk to me. Damn shame.

Cheers,
Jon S.

!988. Woodstock Connecticut. Had made some friends at my new "home" DZ three hours out of state. First malfunction, hard reserve pull. Stayed with it, finally got open under 500'. Freaked out the DZO & was banned.

Did you mean hard main pull? I don't care who bitches, if I have a hard reserve pull, I'll stick with it until it opens. :P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.