TKATC

Ever been kicked off your DZ?

So tandems need to know before hand to leave kids at home?

If your put forward to the general public on your website that the drop zone is not an ideal place for kids, then yes.

I am not saying that kids don't belong on the DZ, but they shouldn't be running amuck like 99% of tandem students' children that I see on the DZ, and you shouldn't expect that they are going to be exposed to a disney rated experince while they are there.

You're the parent, parent your children, make and then deal with your choice of what you expose them to.

Well if the website says it's not ideal that is a start but then you would also have to explain to every tandem that books on the phone the same thing, and I wonder what those that receive it as a gift get as a warning.

Maybe it's just me but as an adult you should be able to behave yourself for a tiny bit of time while the business you frequent tries to make a dollar and possibly gain a referral or two.

I don't think people should have to cover up a t shirt though for someones kids sake
Skymama's #2 stalker -

No, but I had a t-shirt censored once. I got a free replacement t-shirt for that one... I did have to put it on immediately though. :D:D

What did it say?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

No, but I had a t-shirt censored once. I got a free replacement t-shirt for that one... I did have to put it on immediately though. :D:D

I got "a talkin' to" at a smaller DZ a while back for wearing the BSBD tee that my avatar came from...:S

"That's not the image we're trying to promote" i was told. :)

Whadda mean WE? I replied. :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I was kicked-off a DZ in Florida for being too sexy. :S

That was a petting zoo. ;)

It was a rest stop bathroom.:o
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

What did it say?

See post #21.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

What did it say?

See post #21.

I did - I like it - I wouldn't wear it - but I like it.

What did it say?

See post #21.

I did - I like it - I wouldn't wear it - but I like it.

Ya COULDN'T wear it now....it's all stretched out in the front! :$

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Never been kicked off, but I've been scolded a few times. Usually over beer.

At one drop zone, thunderstorms moved in about an hour before sunset. I decided that we were done for the day, and popped open a beer. The DZO informed me that there's always a chance that the clouds will clear and another load could be flown, and that the beer light was not on.

At another DZ, I was done jumping for the day, packing my stuff in my car, and I opened a beer and chatted with someone in the parking lot before driving home. The DZO informed me that there was no beer anywhere on the DZ, even in the parking lot, even if I was done jumping, and even if I was about to drive home.

At a third DZ, high winds had shut down jumping near sunset. I saw Gold Knights drinking, so I opened my own beer. The DZO reamed me for drinking on his drop zone, but didn't say a word to the Knights. Those government contracts are that important!

At a fourth DZ, I tried to exit the cafe patio with my beer to walk around and chat to people. A "bouncer" told me I couldn't leave the patio with my beer - something about the nuances of the liquor license.

I think part of a drop zone's briefing for visiting experienced jumpers should include the local beer rules. That would keep me out of a lot of trouble...

I have a similar rant about inconciderate parents with screaming/ crying children in places like resturants, cofee houses, movie theaters... if you want to start a new thread. :D

Hummmm, what's the title for that thread????

"Ever KICKED someone elses kid the hell out?" :ph34r:
“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

No... I think I would title it:

"We didn't forget to pull out, don't make us all suffer"

or

"Get a baby sitter or get take out you inconsiderate fawks"

:ph34r:

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Good thing didn't pull out the S&W I'd just picked up, to show ya at the DZ last weekend when you walk past my car! :o
We'd both been in deep kimchi you trouble maker! ;)

You mean you had a new gun and you didn't bother to show it to me? Damn you!

The Ranch has a sign at manifest that says:

Unsupervised children will be eaten.

We've talked about putting up a sign that says "Unsupervised children will be given 4 shots of espresso and a free puppy." :) (Either Muttley or I saw it somewhere else...I can't remember).

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

At a third DZ, high winds had shut down jumping near sunset. I saw Gold Knights drinking, so I opened my own beer. The DZO reamed me for drinking on his drop zone, but didn't say a word to the Knights. Those government contracts are that important!

For God sakes! - beer is to this sport as the Holy Grail is to Catholicism... Why would this DZO tell you not to drink beer at a DZ?... :S[:/]B|:|
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

For God sakes! - beer is to this sport as the Holy Grail is to Catholicism... Why would this DZO tell you not to drink beer at a DZ?... :S[:/]B|:|

careful, your newbiness is showing! Beer after hours is cool. Visible beer in or near the hangar during the day when there is at least the possibility of getting another load up is generally frowned upon. The GKs of course can do what they want! :P

Aahhh, Todd's favorite shirt shop...tshirthell.com.

Although Todd has many t-shirts from that website that he wears at the dz, I draw the line when he shows up at my office with his "I don't need a condom. The AIDS will kill the baby"(true story>:().

We occassionally have to go over the boundries of of having "real people" on the dz (like during Operation Freefall) and that wearing the shirt that says "A thousand of my potential children died on your daughter's face last night" is not recommended when having dinner with my father.

But we can't kick him off the dz. Who would mow the lawn???