TKATC

Ever been kicked off your DZ?

I "took sides" in a partners break up. Of course I was also doing 50+ jumps a month there, the pilot was pretty pissed at the remaining dzo that I was gone, and I was granted a return a few days later.

I have made one jump there since over the past year.

I also was accused of calling INS and my RD about a tandem rig that was being jumped out of date. :S

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Doug...you are such a criminal. They should of locked you up. (sarcasm)

Doesn't really seem like a good enough reason to boot you IMO.

No? Small drop zones love their drama. :D

No hard feelings between me and the remaining DZO, I just don't go far out of my way to visit his business any more.

So the question begs to be asked, why did you start this thread, and what did YOU do. :|
=P

No, but I had a t-shirt censored once. I got a free replacement t-shirt for that one... I did have to put it on immediately though. :D:D

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I am amused at the reaction of some parents at the DZ. Personally I like the stance that the Ranch and Orange VA take.

This isn't daycare folks, if you don't want them to hear it or see it, don't bring them.
=P

Did they think she was advertising, that she was a "SuperSucker" ?? :D:P

:D:D You probably know the exact T-shirt she was wearing! I love Eddie Spaghetti.

Was it this
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I am amused at the reaction of some parents at the DZ. Personally I like the stance that the Ranch and Orange VA take.

This isn't daycare folks, if you don't want them to hear it or see it, don't bring them.

So tandems need to know before hand to leave kids at home?
Skymama's #2 stalker -

So tandems need to know before hand to leave kids at home?

If your put forward to the general public on your website that the drop zone is not an ideal place for kids, then yes.

I am not saying that kids don't belong on the DZ, but they shouldn't be running amuck like 99% of tandem students' children that I see on the DZ, and you shouldn't expect that they are going to be exposed to a disney rated experince while they are there.

You're the parent, parent your children, make and then deal with your choice of what you expose them to.

I have a similar rant about inconciderate parents with screaming/ crying children in places like resturants, cofee houses, movie theaters... if you want to start a new thread. :D
=P

no joke.

I laughed, especially since I have MANY shirts that are worse than the one in question :D ... but their DZ their rules. A t-shirt certainly wasn't worth falling on my sword over, especially since the DZO made it very easy for me to comply with her rules. I also don't think any parents complained. I think it was just the DZO's call.

I also got a great story out of it - I told Hammo at Elsinore about it and he's given me blanket permission to wear any t-shirt I want. I've taken that as a challenge. >:(

Edited to add a pic of the t-shirt. Not that bad, huh? But also not worth getting kicked off a DZ.:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke