Twoply

What material can be sharpened to the finest point?

What is wrong with you? You post about the most odd and random topics, and none of it seems to make any sense.

Public Serivce Announcement - Twoply is no longer a skydiver! Not only has he not made jump number one this season (and he is young and health with enough money to get current) nor has he shown his face at any dropzone.

He has, however, made plenty of time for BASE jumping! News flash Mr. Ply, there's a forum for people like you, it's called basejumper.com, why don't you go over there and bother those people with your bizzare topics of conversation. Those people are just as weird as you, and would probably have some input for you.

Speaking of input, I have some ideas about what and where you should be inputing some things!! You know what I'm talking about!!!

This is no joke. If you don't clear out of here, I'll move into your new neighborhood and rally the neighborhood against you, just like I did the last time.

Good day sir (I don't really mean that)

What is wrong with you? You post about the most odd and random topics, and none of it seems to make any sense.

Hey now. I like random topics in The Bonfire. They make a change from the same old predictable stuff.

And Twoply has shown his face at a dropzone - this one. :)

I heard cobolt can be sharpened to a point a few atoms across.

What other materials are good?

Liberal Arts college professors' heads.:)

Muff528- 1
DB's keyboard- 0

:(
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

There is an atomic force imager that works by placing a single atom of carbon (I believe) over the surface of the molecule it is trying to image. The atomic force (hence the name) interacting between that single atom and the molecule kind of acts like a needle and grooves in a record is what makes the whole thing possible.

You're just not going to get any sharper than a stylus with a single atom for a tip.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver