BHawks

How in the hell do you sell a Racer?

And then he stopped jumping one. I don't know his reason, but I bet it isn't because he got a better deal on a Vortex.

That's the single most common reason I've seen for people switching from Racers, free or deeply discounted rigs from other manufacturers. You might be surprised how easily a high time jumper with a good reputation can obtain free gear from some manufacturers. Why do you think some rigs are so expensive?
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Well, here are the pictures of the Racer, yes I have it up in the classified, I have dropped the price from 2200 down to 1700...

It has a PDR-193, cypress w/ two years on it, good till July 2011, and either a Sabre 1 170 with many many jumps and a new line set or I have a Falcon 215 that I can stuff in it. The original canopy was a Sabre 210

Trying to turn this darn thing....:)

Well, here are the pictures of the Racer, yes I have it up in the classified, I have dropped the price from 2200 down to 1700...

It has a PDR-193, cypress w/ two years on it, good till July 2011, and either a Sabre 1 170 with many many jumps and a new line set or I have a Falcon 215 that I can stuff in it. The original canopy was a Sabre 210

Trying to turn this darn thing....:)

HELLO SIR! My name is being Elvisio Rodriguez, and I am hoping my writing finds you in very good health. I am very interesting in paying you your full asking price for your first rate condition parachute system.

Please understand that I do have a situation with which I need your help. I am being writing to you from Nigeria, and I have a sister in the Americas who needs money for her schooling. I would like to being sending you a check for the full cost of your parachute as well as adding some monies for her......

Elvisio "chortle" Rodriguez

> Why do you think some rigs are so expensive?

Because skydivers are willing to pay that much. If skydivers really cared a lot about price everyone would be jumping Dolphins.

True, skydivers are willing to pay the prices. However, the fact remains that the price for some manufacturers' rigs include more added cost for subsidizing sponsored rigs than others.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Hi BH,
A "Racer" is like what Wolfman Jack once said about the "New York Dolls," "You might lovem', you might hatem' but please welcome warmly...." You ain't gonna' find no middle of the road Racer freaks. John shoulda' named the rig,"The Edsel!!" Ever since Troy Loney developed the single pin loop thru the middle of the pilot chute system the Racer/Poptop got left behind. One pin instead of two,"Less is More" to cop a phrase from an old Hank the Crank Piglet add. The ? is not "how to sell it," but "who'd buy it??"
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Ok,,I'll bite,,,tell us the story on how the reserve tried to kill you !

The reserve housing routing could make it impossible to pull the ripcord.
See page 5.290 of Poynter's "The Parachute Manual", 1984 3rd edition.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

In the 80s a lot of people were jumping Racers
what has changed since then ?
NOT THE RACER :(

until JumpShaack decides to be a bit more modern, people will continue to dislike them. And please don't give me the "speedbag is god's gift to freeflyers".

Excuse me, have you been incarcerated since the 80's or living in a cave perhaps? My Racer has no velcro on it and has magnetic riser covers to name just a few differences from the Racer I was jumping in the 80's. If thats 80's or un-modern please provide examples of what you mean by modern.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I am not a believer in "Racers" suck...look at Roger Ponce, he jumped one for probably 10,000 jumps

And then he stopped jumping one. I don't know his reason, but I bet it isn't because he got a better deal on a Vortex.

Dave

Are you sure about that?
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Hell, I've got one laying around the house that I would just about give away from a couple of bottles of Jack Daniels. The day my wife nearly had a no-pull reserve due to the damned thing, it was retired and a much better rig was ordered.

Dave, could you please describe that malfunction and what deficiency caused it?
I ask simply because, with cheap, mil-surp gear being a thing of the long-past, someone nowadays looking to buy an extra-cheap rig might be tempted to buy an old Racer. What should they know that should give them pause?