BHawks

How in the hell do you sell a Racer?

Exactly what the subject line was. These things have a bad reputation, it served me for three years just fine, I just downsized lost a bunch of a weight and got a killer deal on a Javelin.

How much is a 98 Racer worth? the velcro has been redone about a 50 jumps, new risers and it has an RSL, I just never connected it.

Also have other stuff, I could part out and sell individually but I am trying to sell it as a complete system

You'll about need to give it away unless you find someone that hasn't heard the hype on why they suck yet. Even then you won't get much for it since there are a few other people in the same situation about giving theirs away.

If I didn't hate packing them I'd think about one. :D

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Hell, I've got one laying around the house that I would just about give away from a couple of bottles of Jack Daniels. The day my wife nearly had a no-pull reserve due to the damned thing, it was retired and a much better rig was ordered.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Depending on the condition, colors and most importantly the size of canopies and person it was made for it will fetch $200 to $600

if it's made for a beginner kinda gear - i.e. 5'10" person and a 190/210 main then you have a much better chance of selling it.

post it up in the classifieds with a good description and a pictures and it will sell... eventually.

or if Wendy likes it, you can sell it to her dirt cheap :)

I can think of quite a few jumpers who only gave up their Racers after other manufacturers gave them free rigs. Racer is one of only about three containers that I'll pay retail for if I'm in the market to buy a rig.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

I hate to break it to you,,but anything thats 10 years old isn't worth much,,,i don't care what it is.

I am not a believer in "Racers" suck...look at Roger Ponce, he jumped one for probably 10,000 jumps,,, something that sucks doesn't stay in business for 30+ years,,,its all a matter of advertising, publicity and image building.

If the RED Bull Team was using them and got on TV or some other media, and you saw Hotties hanging around them ,,,then all you haters would be in line trying to get one,,,,then this would be a " Javs are ugly thread " ;)B|:D:ph34r:

smile, be nice, enjoy life
FB # - 1083

Reflex was what a Racer should have become. :S

I've got one of the prototype SST's given to the Rainbow Flyers for the world meet. Jumped it when I didn't know better. It tried real hard to kill me with a reserve total.

IMHO it hasn't changed since the mid 70's. A little shaping here, a little less velcro there. In 1993 Sherman claimed he was ready with a one pin racer and had one in his room at the PIA sympsium. Only the choosen got to see it.

Let's see, I bought an air worthy one earlier this year for $25 or $30 to use for rigger training. (gotta show them why NOT to pack them;):)) Late 90's or maybe even early 2000's.

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE