guppie01

Moral / Ethical Dilemma

So if you were just doing your job and assisting a customer, and the customer comes back and offers you a trip to Hawaii as a thank you - do you take it!?

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

So if you were just doing your job and assisting a customer, and the customer comes back and offers you a trip to Hawaii as a thank you - do you take it!?

g

Whats the job you did? and if they were insistant, who am I to offend them by refusing ;)
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

You pass it along to one of your less fortunate pals so that he and his wife can get away for a while. That's what I would do...now if we can only think of a deserving candidate.....hmmmmmmm.......still thinking.............who could possibly fit the bill??
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

You pass it along to one of your less fortunate pals so that he and his wife can get away for a while. That's what I would do...now if we can only think of a deserving candidate.....hmmmmmmm.......still thinking.............who could possibly fir the bill??

This guy.
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

You pass it along to one of your less fortunate pals so that he and his wife can get away for a while. That's what I would do...now if we can only think of a deserving candidate.....hmmmmmmm.......still thinking.............who could possibly fir the bill??

This guy.

Pffffffttttttt. You're doing fine. You've gotsa blue slushie drink in front of you!
Always be kinder than you feel.

What does your corporate policy say about it? Where I work, we have very clearly defined rules about what we can and cannot accept.

Even in the absence of those rules, I'd err on the side of not accepting a gift of that value.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

This guy.

Pffffffttttttt. You're doing fine. You've gotsa blue slushie drink in front of you!

Yeah, but i could have a blue slushie drink in hawaii!!

Nah, this group isn't like that... I've been working with them for about 5 years, and they are good people.

edit to add: they have an office in Hawaii - so it would be mixed with biz.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
OMG, is she okay?

What does your corporate policy say about it? Where I work, we have very clearly defined rules about what we can and cannot accept

I could not find anything in our employee handbook... [:/]:S

g
OMG, is she okay?

I could not find anything in our employee handbook.

I couldn't help but notice that my suggestion didn't make the list for considration[:/]

Love ya Divot! lol

g
OMG, is she okay?

g

Would your husband be cool with you taking a trip to Hawaii with a customer?
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Would your husband be cool with you taking a trip to Hawaii with a customer?

He's been invited along too... B|

g
OMG, is she okay?

What does your corporate policy say about it? Where I work, we have very clearly defined rules about what we can and cannot accept.

Even in the absence of those rules, I'd err on the side of not accepting a gift of that value.

ding ding ding

what she said.

1) Check the books.
2) Check with HR.
3) Check with an accountant, you may have to pay taxes on this kind of gift.
4) Check to see if you own the right king of clothing for such an adventure.
I suggest...
http://www.kdoctv.net/images/magnum1.jpg
5) Can you tan? I mean really? Can you?
and 6) Is she cute? :)

Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Make sure that there are 'No Strings' attached and then go for it.

lol I politely declined... in all honesty I think she wants to hire me to run her office in Honolulu. :ph34r: We have talked about it before. ;) She travels there every 3 weeks and she recently had a scare with ovarian cancer and wants to limit her travel time so she is seriously looking to hire someone.

g
OMG, is she okay?

So, they want to fly you and your husband to Hawaii for an interview and you declined?

Find the nearest wall and smash your head against it. Repeat until you are feeling better.

LMAO.!!

and on a side note, ill take the job. ;)

So, they want to fly you and your husband to Hawaii for an interview and you declined?

Find the nearest wall and smash your head against it. Repeat until you are feeling better.

DUDE do you know how freaking expensive it is to live in HI! ACK Not to mention I've lived on an island before, and if I'm going to live on an island again it's going to be New Zealand. :ph34r:

g
OMG, is she okay?