JeffD

Online Broker Q's

I used to use Scottrade. Overall it's pretty good and they have great customer service, and lots of local branches to go in and talk to someone face-to-face if you want to. The site can be a bit confusing but there's lots of resources available. Scottrade or Etrade are good if you just wanna mess around with some stocks, they both have low minimum deposits to get started and relatively cheap trades. I use Fidelity now because they seem a bit more professional/higher end and offer better managed accounts, and well they're Fidelity so they're huge. Fidelity requires a $2500 minimum deposit to start trading and the trades are more expensive than others at $20 a trade unless you do 36+ trades a year then it gets cheaper.

low cost per trade is indeed important. Investor's Business Daily method and picks are the best, IMO. Founder is William O'Neil. For big movers of the day go to Investors.com which shows the unusually high volume ( starting 20 minutes after the market opens, for day trades ). IBD's saturday paper highlights the top stocks about to break out ! Enjoy.:)

I've used Ameritrade for a few years now. They have A LOT of research available online. They also have a bunch of trading tools / "platforms." You can see a full list here: http://www.tdameritrade.com/tradingtools/browsealltools.html

I'm pretty happy with them.
There are battered women? I've been eating 'em plain all of these years...

I have an account with Scottrade and it works well. It has low minimum deposits and low trade charges as well. For research, I have a paid account with Morningstar. I don't really do too much research through Scottrade on its own.
This ad space for sale.