TomAiello

Forestry by the Red Bull Air Force

Attached are some photos of the handiwork of the Red Bull Air Force. Apparently, they wanted to clear out some "trash" that was getting in the way of filming the latest radical video for their web site.

Nice work, guys.

You've got to love the Red Bull "I'm So Rad I don't give a Crap about Anyone But Myself" Air Force.

These are the same guys who wanted to take over the USPA. Great spokesmen for parachuting sports, aren't they?

Discussion here.

Next time you see someone selling themselves to Red Bull for a few bucks, I suggest you kick them in the crotch.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I don't know much about the Red Bull team, but since when did cutting down a few trees become a crime? I could understand if they were in a neighborhood or something, but from the looks of it, its a huge forest :S I guess we should stop using writing paper and owning wood furniture too? lol B|

-Evo

Zoo Crew

When the trees are not yours? Or even in your country? When they are on public land, and you haven't sought any permits? When thousands of other jumpers use and enjoy the site? When one of the trees is actually used as an exit point?

The last time BASE jumpers cut down trees like that was in Yosemite, in 1981. The end result was that parachuting (of all types--including BASE, paragliding and skydiving) was virtually banned in National Parks in the USA.

Those who do not know history, and even some who do, appear to be doomed to repeat it.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Cmon now. "its not that serious"

It is a big deal about erosion! If you notice the tree's are about the only vegitation there. If the tree's die that they cut down then the root system dies and the cliff will erode. That exit point will erode to were its not jumpable.

BTW I am an erosion expert and know just a little bit about it!
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Cmon now. "its not that serious"

It is a big deal about erosion! If you notice the tree's are about the only vegitation there. If the tree's die that they cut down then the root system dies and the cliff will erode. That exit point will erode to were its not jumpable.

BTW I am an erosion expert and know just a little bit about it!

No offense to you at all, but a 4 year old could put that together, I mean its not rocket science, you take what holds the soil in place away, and guess what, its gonna erode, if anyone cant see that, then I feel for them.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

will, outdoorsman motto is take pictures leave footprints, and many other way of saying the same exact thing, you just dont go around cutting shit down if you are a climber or base jumper or hiker or anything that involves you going outside, its the first thing you learn when you start whatever hobby you are trying to get into. its absolutely crap, its disgusting
JewBag.
www.jewbag.wordpress.com

Most things RedBull get's involved in turns to shit.... :S

Ass holes!! >:(

“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

But, but, but... they're so, like, X-treeeeeM - they have to show everyone!!!!!1!one1

The more I read about Red Bull Air Farce the less I feel that they give 'extreme sports' a good name. :|

I have 275 jumps so why don't someone just go and flame my ass for speaking my mind.

"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

Did they break any laws?

BASE jumping has it's own code of ethics, which are largely independent of laws. We do many things that are illegal, but perfectly ethical (within our context), like trespassing onto buildings to jump them. On the other hand, there are many (perfectly legal) behaviors that are unethical from a BASE perspective (calling the police to arrest another jumper during an illegal jump, for example).
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com