Pokerstar

Jello-o Shot Assistance

Ok, I need help here from the professionals! I have been tasked with making Beer-garita Jello shots for the Trailer Trash party Friday, and I have no idea if you can make jello shots with a carbonated beverage.

Advice? Favorite Jello Shot recipies? Help a brother out! Thanks!
Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.
--- The Dude ---

Watch the proof count, too strong an they will not set. Rule of thumb to use 1 cup hot water and 1 cup alcohol if the proof is 80 or below, if its 100-150 then use 3/4 cup alcohol & 1/4 cup cold water. Over that proof its 1/2 cup and 1/2 cup water to get them to set right.

You can use about anything you want as the liquids, just don't expect the carbonation to remain in them as they set.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

jello shots with a carbonated beverage.?
I think it can be done. Shouldn't be much of an issue but the flavor may be lost.
May I suggest seltzer water + vodka + flavored jello instead of beer?
It may taste better
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Carbonated liquids work, they leave air bubbles in the Jello. Here are some of my recipes:

Important!!!: You must let the hot fluid cool down first before adding the alcohol, or the alcohol will evaporate and just leave the alcohol flavor. So prepare according to package, adding the 1 cup boiling water, then let cool, then add the alcohol (see below for amounts)

Melon flavored Jello with Midori (1 cup)

Lemon flavored Jello with Lemincello (1 cup)

Any flavor jello with Vodka (1 1/2 Cup vodka and 1/2 water)

Others that I have yet to try, are Lime Jello with Tequila and Pineapple Jello with Malibu rum.
Adrenaline is my crack

DPH #3
D.S. #16 FAG #12 Muff Brother #4406

Generally when I have made shots with soda I heat it but don't let it boil. For instance, I have made 7&7 jello shots and I used 7-up, Seagrams 7 and lemon jello. I heat the 7-up just enough to so the jello will dissolve. And I use 1 cup of the soda and 1 cup of Seagrams 7.
"Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity"

Ok, I need help here from the professionals! I have been tasked with making Beer-garita Jello shots for the Trailer Trash party Friday, and I have no idea if you can make jello shots with a carbonated beverage.

Advice? Favorite Jello Shot recipies? Help a brother out! Thanks!

After making several thousand shots over the years in LP, here's what we do:

1. Use the CHEAPEST alcohol you can find. Why waste good stuff?

2. Substitute the cup of COLD water in the recipe with a CUP of the cheap alcohol - UNLESS it's TEQUILA ... cut it with about a 1/4 water

3. Chill as required. If you have a cooler at the LP lounge, that works best. :););)

Honestly, just mix and chill and hope for the best! If they're runny, they're still shooters!!!! B|B|B|
'Shell

What do you know about jell-o shots??

Oh, yeah... forgot.

That night was very funny, Maya is a lightweight!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Thanks All! I started with Strawberry Jello and Vodka, then Lime Jello and Tequila. Tomorrow night, Probably Pineapple and Rum and possibly one other! I appreciate all the info!
Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.
--- The Dude ---