NWFlyer

Dumbest Household Injury

I was sleeping one night, had a bad dream, and started kicking. I put my foot through a 3/4" particle board shelf next to the bed and the glass candle holder on top of it. Got blood on two walls and the vaulted ceiling. Had to go barefoot or wear sandles for a week or two.

That reminds me... I was dreaming that I was in a street fight, and solidly punched the lamp on the nightstand, smashing it (ceramic) to pieces. Then I wake up and find my knuckles all bloody. :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Bumping this old thread because I had a doozy last night...

Mom and Dad are visiting so I'm being nice and giving the old folks my bed, and I'll take the aerobed in the spare room. I'm getting the aerobed set up, and pulling it out of the bag that it's been in for a few months, rolled up tight.

I have the brilliant idea to shake the mattress out to get it to lay flat before I start inflating it. In the process of shaking I manage to clock myself in the eye with the motor/pump ... which is really damned heavy.

I look a little like this B| today.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I have two cats.....ok that's not accurate. Two cats tolerate me and their job besides eating and sleeping is to try and kill me every chance they get.

They orchestrated a devious plan to trip me down the stairs and then have me fall face first into a wall and then stand there looking innocent and ask for food.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

I have two cats.....ok that's not accurate. Two cats tolerate me and their job besides eating and sleeping is to try and kill me every chance they get.

They orchestrated a devious plan to trip me down the stairs and then have me fall face first into a wall and then stand there looking innocent and ask for food.

Are they male cats or female??
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I did slice my finger pretty well on an apple the other day...

Other than that, a year or so ago I dropped a wine glass on the countertop as I was getting it down from the rack. I have a track record of breaking wine glasses, mind you (especially when they are in the sink waiting to be washed :S). However it fell, I had the wherewithal to turn my face, thankfully, but sadly my arms somehow were in such a vulnerable position I received a shard of glass lodged in each inside-wrist. It is summer in Florida, and we have a dinner date in an hour. Clearly I cannot wear long-sleeves and the only bandaids I keep are the flex-super-kind that are so obvious. Thank goodness Bill was on his way home and arrived five minutes later. With the help of some tweezers and a needle, he was able to dislodge the glass pieces in my wrists and i honored our dinner-date with friends looking like a suicidal maniac with bandaged wrists. B|:|

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Somehow got my finger caught when I was *opening* the fridge.. Still can't figure out quite how this went down as there is NOTHING sharp about that door!!!

Not a big boo-boo, but pretty dumb..
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Several years ago I was putting Christmas lights up on our house when I felt the ladder shift:|The next thing I knew I was in the rose bush out front (the one with thorns the size of sharks teeth) I fell about 10 feet. I was tempted to log it as a BASE jump lol..

Want me to kiss da boo boo? ;):ph34r:

Ah ha ha!! This happened a couple of months ago, but I'm sure it would have felt much better after a kiss!! :D:D:P
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Bumping this old thread because I had a doozy last night...

Mom and Dad are visiting so I'm being nice and giving the old folks my bed, and I'll take the aerobed in the spare room. I'm getting the aerobed set up, and pulling it out of the bag that it's been in for a few months, rolled up tight.

I have the brilliant idea to shake the mattress out to get it to lay flat before I start inflating it. In the process of shaking I manage to clock myself in the eye with the motor/pump ... which is really damned heavy.

I look a little like this B| today.

Ha ha ha I'm laughing because I have done the EXACT same thing!!! Only it was at a boogie after I started drinking so maybe I have an excuse:D I have also fallen off a bed and broken my collar bone, swam into the side of the pool and broke my nose and hit my self in the head with the pet hair attachment to my vacume almost knocking my self out because I got my hair sucked in to it:S there is no excuse for those:| or me in general:D
Fly like a girl

Tripped over a plunger handle once!:ph34r:

Is that what you told the doctor in ER? I'm sure he believed you.;)

(Yes, I realize that I'm responding to a post made four years ago.)
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Ok, i was rolling through my living room and into my kitchen on Heeley's. I was trying to learn how to go around the island and back into the living room in a sort of figure 8 pattern. (I had only had them 5 days) I was coming back into the kitchen area when my left foot stopped and my right kept going, causing me to twist/fall landing on my left shin. Result: Spiral fracture tib/fib. I was alone at the house and knew it was broken so i had to drag myself around the island and back to the bedroom and into the closet to try and find my phone to call Kim to come get me. Once i got into the closet and made the call, i realized i could't turn myself around to get out of the closet, you see i could only drag myself (and my broken leg) i could not sit up to turn around or scoot across the carpet. The whole time i was convinced that it was a compound fracture because it felt like my shoe was filling up with blood (it wasn't) When the paramedics showed up, the first thing one of them said was, "What the hell are you doing in the closet?":D:D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I got up and out of bed with a foot that was asleep and wnd up rolling all the toes under just as I put all my weight on it. Stress fracture all the way across the foot is what the Xrays said. What was worse was it was in the middle of winter and all they would let me put on was a light sock and a sandal so I had to walk around in snow and crutches with a foot that felt like it was going to get frostbite every time I had to walk between classes in college.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

That's exactly what happened when I broke my foot getting out of my chair. My foot was asleep and I didn't realize it. My toes rolled under as I put all my weight on it, then my foot twisted to the side. Didn't feel it at first, just heard it.

Unfortunately; I waited almost 2 days to go to the doctor. Dumb!
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

I don't understand how you people don't know your foot is numb. I've always known it when it happened to me and just wait for the feeling to come back before I get up and go. What I do hate is the pins and needles feeling. That drives me nuts.

The limb that usually goes completely numb and useless these days is my arm after I slept on it the wrong way. I can't even lift it or move my fingers, and have to use the other hand to reach over and massage the armpit area and get blood flowing back through again.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

The pins and needles feeling is the blood coming back into circulationi with whatever fell asleep.

When I got up and took a step, it was before I had that sensation. Didn't feel anything until about 30 seconds later.
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

The pins and needles feeling is the blood coming back into circulationi with whatever fell asleep.

When I got up and took a step, it was before I had that sensation. Didn't feel anything until about 30 seconds later.

That's what I can't figure out. Every time my leg or foot was asleep, I knew it before attempting to get up. Maybe I am just lucky,...